PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

MOB/Students: "Eat a Salad"

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

MOB/Students: "Eat a Salad"

Postby GoMustAAngs2007 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:56 am

During last year's home game against UCF, the students got a chant going that I thought was one of the better ones - whenever McBride from UCF checked into the game, the MOB chanted "Eat a Salad". Would be fun to hear that again.
GoMustAAngs2007
Junior Varsity

Re: MOB/Students: "Eat a Salad"

Postby Pony_Law » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:04 am

Last year the mob pretty much got a chant about something going at every home game. They also rode the opposing team coach and bench hard the entire game. My personal favorites from last year were "Applebee's" and "down your leg" at Pitino which I thought were perfect for that guy (especially as he was heirng an ash cross and brought a priest to the game). I know it got to pitino a bit as well as he even commented on how hostile the crowd was in his post game comments.

This year the mob does not do that at all. (lugi and the elf used to get on the coaches but I have not even seen them at a game since they were kicked out), I doubt anything will change on Saturday or against cinnci which is sad. We need the student section to be full of rowdy die hard student fans, not students who go because it is the "cool" thing to do.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 am

"...and Leon's getting larger."
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Junior » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:09 am

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:10 am

The MOB is dead. Too busy talking about formulas and the next dance recital during the games
Pony ^

Postby PonyEnergy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:17 am

Who has the ability to fix the MOB right now? / Is it even possible?
PonyEnergy
Scout Team

Postby EconPony'10 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:20 am

PonyEnergy wrote:Who has the ability to fix the MOB right now? / Is it even possible?

Chad Morris... The MOB needs some #Tempo
EconPony'10
Varsity

Postby ponydawg » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:31 am

This group can be fixed.

They aren't going to be mean spirited and harsh on the other team but they can be LOUD. They just need some leaders to tell them what to do. If you plant 10 rowdies in each section, they will follow. This group is to scared to start jumping and yell on their own. To sound rude and judgmental, they need someone to follow. Pack mentality would prevail.

Hold tryouts for guaranteed seats in each student section for the rest of the season. Loudest craziests student fans get in (similar to how the Mavs let in the painted body fans), knowing their job is to get that section to be loud. It can't be one student per section, because they would just stare at him/her. But if it is a group of 10 right in front of you screaming and jumping, most likely you will scream and jump too.

Or.......make it a contest and give away free pocket protectors and extended library hours to the loudest section.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna11 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:41 am

ponydawg wrote:This group can be fixed.

They aren't going to be mean spirited and harsh on the other team but they can be LOUD. They just need some leaders to tell them what to do. If you plant 10 rowdies in each section, they will follow. This group is to scared to start jumping and yell on their own. To sound rude and judgmental, they need someone to follow. Pack mentality would prevail.

Hold tryouts for guaranteed seats in each student section for the rest of the season. Loudest craziests student fans get in (similar to how the Mavs let in the painted body fans), knowing their job is to get that section to be loud. It can't be one student per section, because they would just stare at him/her. But if it is a group of 10 right in front of you screaming and jumping, most likely you will scream and jump too.

Or.......make it a contest and give away free pocket protectors and extended library hours to the loudest section.

Bingo
peruna11
All-American

Postby Tx_Mustang10 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:47 am

Nailed it.
Tx_Mustang10
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyTime » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:57 am

Elaine: Would you gentlemen care to order your dinners?

First Jive Dude: Bet, babe. Slide a piece o' da' porter. Drinks, I run da' java.

Second Jive Dude: Lookie here. I can dig grease 'n chompin' on some buns and draggin' through the garden.

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ojaipony » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:59 am

The goal of every student during a game should be to be kicked out. That was our goal every game. To be so obnoxiously loud to the opposing team and FOR our team that it would cause us to be kicked out by the end of the game. If you are a student, and that is not your goal, please don't sit in the red seats or MOB section. If you know what you are doing, go recruit about 5 more just like you and go raise hell. If you have a little bit of a bball IQ, even better.
ojaipony

Postby ojaipony » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:00 pm

ponydawg wrote:This group can be fixed.

Yep.
ojaipony

Postby SMU15 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:05 pm

Haha this was totally my doing last year! But I'm pretty sure I was shot down by you guys in the "Bad Chants" thread
"And as long as they're keeping score, there will always be people who try to do everything they can to put up more points than the other guy." -Brent Musberger
SMU15
Varsity

Postby ojaipony » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:16 pm

SMU15 wrote:Haha this was totally my doing last year! But I'm pretty sure I was shot down by you guys in the "Bad Chants" thread

If you originated that, you're hired! Get the student section rowdy and loud. See what we can do to get the greeks involved. PM me if needed.
ojaipony

Next

Return to Basketball