PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's Bball Win

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Women's Bball Win

Postby PK » Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:03 pm

The SMU ladies beat the Tulsa ladies 64 to 61. The Women's team is doing really well this year.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Women's Bball Win

Postby The CPC » Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:06 pm

Did you go to the game, PK? The Lady Mustangs are going to give CPC a heart attack if they keep playing like this. They had a commanding lead, but then went ice cold for about 10 minutes and Tulsa came all the way back. Hopefully consistency will come with maturity. Another big game for freshman forward Sarah Davis, Sarah came through with another double-double today, with 17 points and 11 boards. She's starting to look like an emerging star, cut from the same mold as Karlin Kennedy and Kerri Delaney.
The ladies move into a tie for 2nd place with Tulsa and Hawaii, but they beat both those teams head-to-head, so they have the tie breaker edge for both of them. Its important to go into the WAC tournament as the 2 or 3 seed, so they will be in the opposite bracket from La. Tech.

[This message has been edited by The CPC (edited 01-25-2003).]
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby PK » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:06 pm

No, I didn't make it to the game, I was working at my office like today, but I did listen to most of the game on the radio. Glad the CPC didn't have a heart attack...we would miss those scouting reports. The last minute squeakers always make for exciting Bball.

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 01-26-2003).]
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Jonas Seuraut » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:48 pm

I love the ladies to death, but I end up yanking my hair out watching them play sometimes...

------------------
The Diamond M.
The Diamond M.
Jonas Seuraut

Return to Basketball