PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

oh, good

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: oh, good

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:09 pm

Pony81 wrote:While there are some no shows, I thought the crowd was loud. I also thought the students did a great job bringing the energy.

The team is so energized by the Moody atmosphere. The team sees how dead our other conference opponents arenas are - except for Cinci and maybe Ucon.

UH is awful.

Tulsa was brutal today too and they are undefeated!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:12 pm

Tulsa's dream start is about to hit a wall. Bold prediction - they will not finish in the top 3 by the end of the season.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Pony64 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:27 am

Grant Carter wrote:
smupony94 wrote:You are morons if you are complaining about the crowd

Agreed

The crowd in no way compares to last year. Not even close. Don't get me wrong if you rolled up tonight and had never seen a game at Moody before than yes you would think this is great. Bottom line we can do so much better. Not all of the MOB was bad though. It's just really the center mid court section that needs to moved around. All of this combined with bad music timing and overall production, we can do so much better.

*Music/game production out of place.
Pony64
Varsity

Postby skyscraper » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:30 am

If you didn't enjoy tonight, then you are a miserable person.
Compared favorably to last season.
Students were into it and even The Mob was nice tonight.
We played a bottom feeder team in our conference and we arguably had the most energetic crowd of the season in Moody.
Looking forward to Cincy.
skyscraper

Postby Grant Carter » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:04 am

Pony64 wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:
smupony94 wrote:You are morons if you are complaining about the crowd

Agreed

The crowd in no way compares to last year. Not even close. Don't get me wrong if you rolled up tonight and had never seen a game at Moody before than yes you would think this is great. Bottom line we can do so much better. Not all of the MOB was bad though. It's just really the center mid court section that needs to moved around. All of this combined with bad music timing and overall production, we can do so much better.

*Music/game production out of place.

I think you are comparing last night to last year against highly ranked teams, not last year against UCF or a similar team.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby whitwiki » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:37 am

Last year against Ucf everyone complained about the students being gone for mardis gras
whitwiki
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:27 am

big games are now coming to Moody. Let's see how the home crowd responds
Charleston Pony

Postby ObeyMyDog » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:49 am

There were an embarrassing number of chicks in the student section. Probably close to a 3rd. Blow it up.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:51 am

ObeyMyDog wrote:There were an embarrassing number of chicks in the student section. Probably close to a 3rd. Blow it up.

Your agenda is tired
CalallenStang

Postby ObeyMyDog » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:06 am

Our student section sucks and I won't shut up until it's better. Acquiesce the suck if you like.

There were noticeably a ton of chicks last night, particularly the lower east end. The vast majority hardly moved the entire time. Forgive me for preferring they weren't down there.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:55 am

yeah a lot of us alums don't have a problem with 'too many' college chicks at an SMU basketball game. Might want to reevaluate your closing argument
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby lwjr » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:09 pm

Hate it when the guys are out numbered by the dames!
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:11 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:Our student section sucks and I won't shut up until it's better. Acquiesce the suck if you like.

There were noticeably a ton of chicks last night, particularly the lower east end. The vast majority hardly moved the entire time. Forgive me for preferring they weren't down there.

No, your agenda is to hand over everything to the Greeks (specifically the frats) as is evidenced by your total and complete reluctance to acknowledge that that group knew the system and was too lazy to do anything about it. "Too many girls" is just another way for you to say that there weren't enough bros down there. And you are on about it last night which pretty much everyone else agrees was actually a very good night for the students and mob.

I'm not anti-Greek (far from it) and I want the system to change next year so that our student section is consistently loud and rowdy. But I am against handing people things when they were given the roadmap to get those things and were too lazy to go get them themselves.

If there are students who think that the Mob isn't rowdy enough and they could do better, they have no one to blame but themselves.
CalallenStang

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:12 pm

well...if they are not going to be rowdy and make noise to support the team, they need to be smoking hot to help appeal to the television audience
Charleston Pony

Postby Grant Carter » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Anyone else think obey my dog might be a current fraternity student who was too lazy to make sure he got tickets in the mob section?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball