PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

oh, good

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: oh, good

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:36 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:Wait in line for the game blocks of tickets, same bit as last year but for all seats. Done. Anything to shake up the current makeup.

Just do something ... I don't care. I have no idea why you're defending a system which has objectively failed. If you're playing PC, then that's fine but there's no point. Involved people are about to start crusading against the system. Athletic dept is super defensive about the "situation".

I'm not defending the system at all. And I sure as hell am not playing PC. I'm attacking the ridiculous argument that IFC are the only people on campus capable of being rowdy enough to form a raucous atmosphere at Moody. You, on the other hand, have repeatedly bashed anyone non-frat. You only deny it now after you've been called on the carpet for it.

Again, I'm not anti-frat. But the frats not getting tickets in this system is on the frats. That's not saying the system is good, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Its called leverage-I really don't give a damn who is sitting in those seats as long as they are filled-I want to force students to support the Football team too. Those are the students that I'd support. I wouldn't change much because I love that its pissin' guys like you off. Its an SMU tradition that hurts this program. Mission Accomplished-well done AD. Go buy season tickets if you are too lazy to support SMU
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Smerkins » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:44 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:
CalallenStang wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:Anyone else think obey my dog might be a current fraternity student who was too lazy to make sure he got tickets in the mob section?

Phantom of the Opera kid (horrible schtick by the way) is probably in his house's rival too

You got me Grant! Nice!

I wish I still was in school, trust me ..... Anyway, I watched him talk to himself standing by himself 35 mins before tip off. It was so bizarre.

That kid scares the [deleted] out of me.
Smerkins
Varsity

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:52 pm

Bottom line is this - the system doesn't provide us with a crowd that's as rowdy as we would like. But if everyone knows the system, and those that are in the mob earned those points, and there are no frats in the mob, then conclusively we can say that the frats did not earn their place in the mob. Trying to make it out like the frats are blameless in this matter is a fool's game
CalallenStang

Postby ObeyMyDog » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:58 pm

We fundamentally agree. Never said the frats weren't culpable. Never said those current Mob kids don't deserve to be down there either. Just aren't a great crowd.

Great idea Stallion - sacrifice some home court advantage to stick it to em, whoever they are. Brilliant. I'm sure the players And Larry would agree.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Yep it is brilliant-its gonna change attitudes around SMU. Its working because people are pissed off because they are missing the best SMU Basketball Team in decades. Good. I was a member of the best fraternity on campus and I understand that "Too Cool to Support SMU Attitude". Guess a bunch of Fraternity kids are going to have to decide whether to get on board. Its going to be a Great Season whether they do or not
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby lwjr » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:19 pm

Stallion wrote:Yep it is brilliant-its gonna change attitudes around SMU. Its working because people are [deleted] off because they are missing the best SMU Basketball Team in decades. Good. I was a member of the best fraternity on campus and I understand that "Too Cool to Support SMU Attitude". Guess a bunch of Fraternity kids are going to have to decide whether to get on board. Its going to be a Great Season whether they do or not

Ah, you must have been a SAE also. lol
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby Stallion » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:22 pm

No I was a member of the fraternity that produced a Heisman and QBs that won most every one of our SWC Championships

Stallion

Postby lwjr » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:33 pm

I figured it was those guys.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby b_caesar » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:11 pm

I just wish we could move past all this "us and them" crap and recognize that we are ALL Mustangs first and support and root for and enjoy the efforts of all SMU teams. Seems to work pretty well at other schools.
Don't worry. Be Happy. Or not.
b_caesar
Heisman

Postby coloradoStang » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:15 pm

b_caesar wrote:I just wish we could move past all this "us and them" crap and recognize that we are ALL Mustangs first and support and root for and enjoy the efforts of all SMU teams. Seems to work pretty well at other schools.

Theres a certain feeling among students (greeks especially) of us vs the administration and we should do everything we can to stick it to the man. I dont understand It, it is immature but it is what it is. That trickles into athletic support as well sometimes
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby b_caesar » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:28 pm

coloradoStang wrote:
b_caesar wrote:I just wish we could move past all this "us and them" crap and recognize that we are ALL Mustangs first and support and root for and enjoy the efforts of all SMU teams. Seems to work pretty well at other schools.

Theres a certain feeling among students (greeks especially) of us vs the administration and we should do everything we can to stick it to the man. I dont understand It, it is immature but it is what it is. That trickles into athletic support as well sometimes

So sad, but true. What good does that kind of attitude ever accomplish? And how many more are unnecessarily hurt than helped?
Don't worry. Be Happy. Or not.
b_caesar
Heisman

Postby malonish » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:32 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:I've said many times I could care less who is down there. My agenda isn't to give it to anyone, and saying that is my agenda is making an assumption based the fact (yes, fact) Greeks were a better crowd, which I have been pointing out. Saying the Greeks were a better crowd means nothing more than that, and is simply an indictment of the current system. The point system didn't boil the student section down to the rowdiest like a lot of people, including myself, thought it would when this thing was announced. Wanting to junk it means nothing more than acknowledging what we are currently doing is not working. Spare me the agenda nonsense.

I watched rows of girls last night (and a lot of the guys as well, but I'm already dogging them) just chat the entire game. Sorry for wishing they'd do it elsewhere. Yes, if given a choice I'll put money on a dude being louder than a girl - and just to quell the agenda digging, it doesn't matter where the guy comes from.

I could care less
I could care less
I could care less
I could care less

Caring > 0 because there is some non zero amount of caring because a value of caring exists that is below yours, zero inclusive.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby coloradoStang » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:45 pm

b_caesar wrote:
coloradoStang wrote:

So sad, but true. What good does that kind of attitude ever accomplish? And how many more are unnecessarily hurt than helped?

Yep. I don't understand it. It does zero good for anyone. May be a maturity thing, may be an entitlement thing and kids are pissed the red carpet hasn't been rolled out for them for the first time. I'm honestly not sure. IMO it is a no brainer to support your school as best you can. There is literally zero downside.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby lwjr » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Most people who feel it necessary to make fun of others, insult others etc.. are usually the ones that are insecure the most
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball