PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

oh, good

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: oh, good

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:42 am

b_caesar wrote:I just wish we could move past all this "us and them" crap and recognize that we are ALL Mustangs first and support and root for and enjoy the efforts of all SMU teams. Seems to work pretty well at other schools.

Caste system prohibits this - it'll never change... just have to work around it.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:53 am

Stallion wrote:No I was a member of the fraternity that produced a Heisman and QBs that won most every one of our SWC Championships

BITB
Pony ^

Postby Pony64 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:10 am

Pony ^ wrote:
Stallion wrote:No I was a member of the fraternity that produced a Heisman and QBs that won most every one of our SWC Championships

BITB

all the way
Pony64
Varsity

Postby Pony64 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:14 am

Just a reminder to those out there who have forgotten how good the MOB and our game programming was last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgkHOTiYQW8

Hopefully on Thursday the folks in charge can get it right. Last Saturday was a step in the right direction, but we need more.
Pony64
Varsity

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:20 am

Pony64 wrote:Just a reminder to those out there who have forgotten how good the MOB and our game programming was last year.

Hopefully on Thursday the folks in charge can get it right. Last Saturday was a step in the right direction, but we need more.

Night and day difference...7 Nation Army is just too painful to watch this year. It's like they don't even know what the song is.
Pony ^

Postby Pony64 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:42 am

Pony ^ wrote:
Pony64 wrote:Just a reminder to those out there who have forgotten how good the MOB and our game programming was last year.

Night and day difference...7 Nation Army is just too painful to watch this year. It's like they don't even know what the song is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY

Maybe we can setup are own sound system to help them out
Pony64
Varsity

Postby okcponyfan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:51 am

granted it was my first game of the year on Saturday, but I thought the crowd was decent. The student section wasn't as bad as many claim on here. I would say that the place was about 90-95% full.

And I sat in 104 and there were plenty of people in the red seats cheering and screaming very loud, so I don't want to hear the "the red seats never cheer" complaint again.
okcponyfan
Varsity

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:22 am

The students weren't bad at all. The game presentation is still not flowing like last season but it is what it is. Plus, we still haven't played a ranked conference opponent at home. Memphis was during the break and they are down this season. I expect the environment Thursday to be on par with last season.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Pony64 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:24 am

okcponyfan wrote:granted it was my first game of the year on Saturday, but I thought the crowd was decent. The student section wasn't as bad as many claim on here. I would say that the place was about 90-95% full.

And I sat in 104 and there were plenty of people in the red seats cheering and screaming very loud, so I don't want to hear the "the red seats never cheer" complaint again.

It absolutely was decent, but in no way does it compare to last year. Again hopefully they get it right Thursday. We need much better than decent.
Pony64
Varsity

Postby Pony64 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:24 am

LA_Mustang wrote:The students weren't bad at all. The game presentation is still not flowing like last season but it is what it is. Plus, we still haven't played a ranked conference opponent at home. Memphis was during the break and they are down this season. I expect the environment Thursday to be on par with last season.

I hope so.
Pony64
Varsity

Postby Nedward » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:04 pm

We will see. Bringing several non smu people to the game and really hope the atmosphere is good. I absolutely love bringing clients to SMU events and very proud to squire them around the campus. I love this damn school and just want us not to shoot ourselves in the foot. Especially when it involves things within our control.
Nedward
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Basketball