PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ben Moore

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Ben Moore

Postby JasonB » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:24 pm

1) Played at the three for stretches of both halves tonight. Very interesting look, and the team actually looked pretty good at it.

2) When he plays from the perimeter, watching him power drive is awesome.

3) In the second half, Brown put him on number 10 for a spell and he completely denied him the ball. It was awesome, and UCF had a 24 second violation and two turnovers when the clock was running low because of it. That stifling defense allowed us to really pull away.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Ben Moore

Postby Pony_Law » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:27 pm

Ben Moore had a really good game tonight I thought. I think he can be a great 3 if he can improve his jump shot. His length and athleticism would be such an advantage on the defensive end at the 3.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby ojaipony » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:29 pm

JasonB wrote:1) Played at the three for stretches of both halves tonight. Very interesting look, and the team actually looked pretty good at it.

2) When he plays from the perimeter, watching him power drive is awesome.

3) In the second half, Brown put him on number 10 for a spell and he completely denied him the ball. It was awesome, and UCF had a 24 second violation and two turnovers when the clock was running low because of it. That stifling defense allowed us to really pull away.

I'm really liking this rotation now. I was questioning starting B Moore about 3 games ago, but I see what LB is doing now and it is just wearing teams out. They have their hands full with YM and everyone else and then here comes MK and Cannen to pound on them some more. Throw in Sterling (and if Gu can give a couple of 2-3 three points a night, holy [Deleted] watch out).

Ryan is my player of the year so far, just in terms of how far he's come. Really happy to see him have a great senior year.
ojaipony

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:31 pm

He brought the ball up the floor several times tonight. #10 Hernandez killed us in the 1st. Did a good job of slowing him down in the 2nd.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:34 pm

ojaipony wrote:Ryan is my player of the year so far, just in terms of how far he's come. Really happy to see him have a great senior year.

I think that would be Nic since he's probably a unanimous AAC POY right now but Ryan has been great.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby skyscraper » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:35 am

Please tell me others saw him grab the blue pom pom from one of the dance team members when one of the scrubs was about to shoot free throws.
Me and my buddy nearly died. Hilarious.
skyscraper

Postby jimhagle » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:31 am

He's got to do better than 1 rebound which is all he got tonight.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby smupony94 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:08 am

skyscraper wrote:Please tell me others saw him grab the blue pom pom from one of the dance team members when one of the scrubs was about to shoot free throws.
Me and my buddy nearly died. Hilarious.

He's taking over for Keith
smupony94

Return to Basketball