PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

FABULOUS WIN!!!!!!!!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

FABULOUS WIN!!!!!!!!

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:40 am

WAY TO GO PONIES! A win in Tulsa is unbelieveable!

Re: FABULOUS WIN!!!!!!!!

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:02 am

This really was a great win tonight. Gotta give these guys credit for really gutting it up. They had every opportunity to fold in a hostile environment. With the next 4 games at Moody, these guys are in position to make a statement...that they WILL be one of the upper echelon WAC teams. Sure would be nice if some of our fair weather fans would come out to join the fifteen hundred and give the Ponies a real home court advantage. If they keep playing like this, they could be 7-3 by the time Hawaii comes to town. That game should be a near sellout. We need to see 5-6,000 for these next 3 games. It's time to start giving away tickets if need be to get some people in to watch and support this team!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:25 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Charleston Pony:
<B>This really was a great win tonight. Gotta give these guys credit for really gutting it up. They had every opportunity to fold in a hostile environment. With the next 4 games at Moody, these guys are in position to make a statement...that they WILL be one of the upper echelon WAC teams. Sure would be nice if some of our fair weather fans would come out to join the fifteen hundred and give the Ponies a real home court advantage. If they keep playing like this, they could be 7-3 by the time Hawaii comes to town. That game should be a near sellout. We need to see 5-6,000 for these next 3 games. It's time to start giving away tickets if need be to get some people in to watch and support this team!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll be there, as usual. Go Ponies!!!!!!1

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:37 am

Wow, I can still hardly believe it! A tremendous win! It's almost like a light bulb went off before the Rice game and they are at totally different team now. The overcame a lot in the Rice game to win, and did even more tonight. This seems like a completely different team than from even a week ago. They are getting major contributions from all the key guys. Castro had his best game ever. Q was consistent as usual while BHop, Isham & Simpson just keep getting better. They have a lot of momentum right now that better carry over into the next 4 games at home. I don't see why we can't win them all (granted, Hawaii will be very tough). We survived the "schedule from hell" as Dement called it so now it's time to take advantage of the remaining home schedule and see if we can't slip into one of the top 3 spots in the conference.

I'm so fired up right now, I'd go out and greet them if they weren't gettin in at like 2-3 AM.

Postby Hoss » Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:02 pm

OK, between SMU's win over Tulsa (you wouldn't believe how quiet that place got!) and the Super Bowl, I'm starting to escape the clutches of my hangover. For those who couldn't make the trip up here, you missed a great game. Hope everyone jams their way into Moody Thursday night for the UTEP game. I'm going to try to be there Saturday for the Boise game.

Clearly we need to get every game to overtime - 4-0 in OT this year!
Hoss
All-American

Return to Basketball