PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TU Box Score

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TU Box Score

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:12 pm

Again, Great win!! I never thought we could ever win at TU under Dement. The Rice win was a great confidence builder and stepping stone. We have played a TON of close games and are finally figuring out ways to win other than previous choker games.

Thoughts:
1. TU makes 8 of 36 three's. They jacked them from every which way and this was the differnce (22%). Sounds like we still played the tight zone and lucked out b/c they weren't hitting crap. Nevada,Hawaii, or FSU would probably have hit 35-40%.

2. SMU outrebounds TU - great job on the boards. 50-41...Castro all over it. Double, double. He's found a groove.

3. We made our FT's for the most part except for Simpson's misses.

4. Zero bench scoring?? I would think Kelly could at least get a put back but he's [deleted] in the paint on the offensive glass. Lowe still needs confidence I guess.

5. Box and 1 on Glenn would have been nice. That guy was tearing us apart. 17 pts off the bench.

6. Assist/TO - 13/17 - i'd like to see that reversed.

Hopefully we can squash UTEP at home and keep this momentum going. The Brazilian transfer has helped them out.

[This message has been edited by Pony_Fan (edited 01-26-2003).]
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball