PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

So......educate me here..

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

So......educate me here..

Postby MemphoMustango » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:43 pm

I've been away for awhile, yes, this is the famous MemphisMustang..so, what happened to the OLD, OLD forum?? I LIKED it..easy to use..FUN!! Then we changed to the most non user friendly forum known to man, I left, no fun, hard to use, no flow...went back there today, looks like they have changed again, this place has some old familar names, but, what has happened to everybody?? I STILL think lord j is over rated...
MemphoMustango

Re: So......educate me here..

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:12 pm

good to see you back. As for the Lord J comment, he's no longer overrated because he's no longer a star...just a guy at the end of the bench hoping to get another contract when this one runs out. In the 2 games he's played this year where he got significant minutes, he's shocked me with a very strong performance. I will admit I never thought he'd make it, and really thought he'd end up in the developmental league to work on his mechanics...but he just might be a good pick up for somebody is Orlando lets him go.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: So......educate me here..

Postby PK » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:17 pm

Hey, MemphoMustango, glad to hear from you. I have no clue why the other site changed the first time, but it can't be hard to figure out why it changed again. It was the worst and slooowest board I've ever seen. It's latest format is close to the old, old format, but the site went dead for about ten days before the change and a lot of the posters over there migrated over here and I guess found out it wasn't all that bad....at least not for getting real SMU discussions going. Of course the real interest lately has been recruiting and we have had some good info posted here during the last several weeks....including posts from the famous Stallion who has been on pretty good behaviour over here. I've always liked going to both sites for the variety. Perhaps you will join us over here more often...if not I'll see you over there.

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 01-28-2003).]
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball