PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chris Bosh Question

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Chris Bosh Question

Postby NCPony » Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:34 am

I'm a SMU grad but have been out of the loop for a while and new to this board. After watching UNC get tagged by Ga. Tech last night, I was wondering how hard Chris Bosh (Dallas boy) was recruited by SMU? I hope it wasn't anything like what was rumored to have happened with Larry Johnson back in the '80's.
Can someone please bring me up to date?

Thanks
NCPony

Re: Chris Bosh Question

Postby Stallion » Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:43 pm

although his Teammate Bryan Hopkins signed with SMU, Bosh never really showed much interest in SMU maybe because he had national offers from across the Country. I guess you know that Bosh and Hopkins led Lincoln to a 40-0 record and were ranked as the No. 1 team in the Country.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PX » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:57 pm

Bosh never showed a glimmer of interest in SMU or really any of the schools in Texas. His AAU coach steered him to Georgia Tech, and there wasnt much consideration given to any other program.
PX
Varsity

Postby NCPony » Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:25 pm

Thanks for the replies. Hewitt is a great coach for GT and the Jackets are on the move. I live in Atl and I've seen the girls at GT and the campus and neither touch SMU. Glad we did get BHop- he looks strong to quite strong...
Does Bosh's AAU coach have ties to Hewitt or GT?
NCPony

Return to Basketball