PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Yes

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Yes

Postby ponybutt » Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:57 am

Good, solid play. The team looked like they were enjoying themselves!

Hey Nacho, still want all of us to calm down?

We better fill up Moody for the rest of this homestand!!!
ponybutt
Junior Varsity

Re: Yes

Postby Nacho » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:48 am

Ho hum,I am pleased in a sudued sort of way that we poured it on UTEP. Hope that Wrong Way Gillespie is not headed toward Louisiana this morning.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OldPony » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:20 am

Though not a quality opponent, SMU continually improves its passing game. PSimp and Castro continue to work hard. I was glad to see Rack get some time. He sounded lost but game time helps prepare fresmen like nothing slse. If nothing else, he now knows how much he needs to improve. Is that a misprint or did Isham really not score? Dement played a lot of guys for a lot of the time. No player got over 25 minutes. I like what I am seeing from the scheme to the effort to Dement's handling of this team. The improvement over the last 7 games is astounding in every way. BTW-Congrats to RHop-You are no longer a virgin.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:00 pm

I didnt think we played well at all last night. Thats how bad Utep is right now. The offense wasnt nearly as fluid as it was in the Rice game. We jacked up alot of long three pointers, from 2 and 3 feet beyond the arc. I like the 3 point shot, but our guys get pushed too far out on the floor, even by Utep, and jack up too many bombs. On the good side, the scoring was very balanced and everybody got involved, except Isham. I'm not worried about him, after that big tipin at Tulsa its not unusual for a young player to come out flat in the next game. Uteps guards seemed to frustrate the I-man with their herky jerky play. I hope Boise puts up a better fight, that was a pretty boring game last night. And there is some luster off of the Tulsa win, they got beat at San Jose last night. Ouch.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball