PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: SMU vs. UCONN Chicks are Husky Thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: SMU vs. UCONN Chicks are Husky Thread

Postby GiddyUp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:25 pm

gostangs wrote:Hamilton won the game - we drew even and he caught on fire right when we usually see our opponent's air go out of the sails

I think the change was the Manual lazy pass and they got a steal and then for some reason Ryan was really lazy on the foul too and they hit and 1.
GiddyUp
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GiddyUp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:05 pm

GiddyUp

Postby JasonB » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:56 pm

LB is pure class.

I thought Ryan fouled the guy hard enough, he just made a great play on the finish.
JasonB

Postby PonySnob » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:58 pm

JasonB wrote:
Stallion wrote:SMU ran into a BUZZ-SAW today much like Gonzaga. Tough to win against a team this hot on the road. THAT UCONN team should have 22+ wins

Exactly. Really good game to watch. When a good team plays lights out and you are able to play them tough on the road, that is a sign that SMU is a very good team.

Do top 25 teams look for moral victories?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby JasonB » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:13 am

PonySnob wrote:
JasonB wrote:
Stallion wrote:SMU ran into a BUZZ-SAW today much like Gonzaga. Tough to win against a team this hot on the road. THAT UCONN team should have 22+ wins

Exactly. Really good game to watch. When a good team plays lights out and you are able to play them tough on the road, that is a sign that SMU is a very good team.

Do top 25 teams look for moral victories?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. I'm not claiming it as a moral victory. I'm just saying that good teams are only beat by great performances. It is a measure of how good we are. The only games we have lost this year, and certainly in conference, have come when good teams have played fantastic. [deleted] like that happens to everyone in the country unless you are exceptionally good like Kentucky.

You could also think of it like this - when SMU has played lights out, we have run the other team out of the building, regardless of how talented they are. When SMU hasn't played well at all, we kept the game close against Arkansas, Indiana, Cincy, and UConn, and it took their A game to beat us on an off night. Of course, some of the reason we are having an off night is because those are good teams. But it still took their A game and we still kept it tight.

Exhibit A is the Uconn series. They played perfect today, Nic was awful, we play really poorly in the first half on offense, and yet we were in it until the end. In the first game, we played fantastic and were up 30 in the second half. Watch the Spurs on their championship runs and you will see the same thing - they run the other teams out of the building when they are on from 3, but if they aren't, and their opponent shoots the lights out, the game is still tight. That is the mark of a good team.
JasonB

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:37 am

Still running some low-grade anger this morning about this one.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Morris Code 11 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:09 am

They played their best game of the season. Not much you can do about it, sometimes you just can't beat good teams when they are that hot at home esp w the refs calling the game that poorly. We are going to have to beat them in a week on their home court during the AAC tournament...It would be extremely tough to beat a team twice on their \court in 2 weeks, and the AAC tourney is way more important than that game. I doubt Nic and MK have such off games again, we'll be fine.
"We're not a hurry-up no-huddle offense, we're a hurry-up no-huddle football team and program. It's gonna start with our secretaries, its gonna resonate with maintenance department, everyone, they're gonna understand what 'tempo' is all about."
Morris Code 11
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Basketball