PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: ALL OF THE MARBLES THREAD (SMU vs. Tulsa)

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: ALL OF THE MARBLES THREAD (SMU vs. Tulsa)

Postby coloradoStang » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:59 pm

I think student attendance will be poor. But hope Im wrong
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby SMU1523 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:08 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
gostangs wrote:Have heard of some students moving plans around to be there. Not 100's but I think the mob will be full.

Give the tickets to young alumni in Dallas. Hell, I would pay to be able to get hellaciously wasted and be in the student section with all my old buddies.

I agree. I'll bring the flask. Hopefully bourbon is okay with you.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby ponyte » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 pm

I'm trying to get my roommate and former SMU MBB player to meet me for the game.

I hope he can make it

Talk about great, I haven't seen him since 1979 and the last time he and I were in Moody was his Sr. day. And top that with an SMU win, Heaven.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:12 pm

SMU1523 wrote:
blackoutpony wrote:
gostangs wrote:Have heard of some students moving plans around to be there. Not 100's but I think the mob will be full.

Give the tickets to young alumni in Dallas. Hell, I would pay to be able to get hellaciously wasted and be in the student section with all my old buddies.

I agree. I'll bring the flask. Hopefully bourbon is okay with you.

Sounds like a plan. SID get us student tickets, or at least let us move down out of the 200's when the students don't show up.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUSooner » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:58 pm

I was there in the student section, we were actually sporting 'The Woods Factor' shirts. Along with the Sasser missed free throws Willie Davis having a breakaway that could seal the game I believe in regulation and trying a spin move to lose the ball out of bounds was the killer.

This was compounded with losing to TCU either the game before or after at home...

PonyTime wrote:
ojaipony wrote:
1983 Cotton Bowl wrote:Last time we had an "all the marbles" game against Tulsa at Moody was in 1998. I was there. I'm sure many on here remember the hideous ending of that one. I've been waiting 17 years for some payback. Let's get the job done!

I was there. And remember it well. In fact, I remember Tulsa beating us quite a bit back then - they always seemed to have had better athletes.

I was there too - For those who did not have the chance to enjoy that disaster of a game (15of 30 from the line) it was in 2000 and it was double OT:
SMUSooner
Recruit

Postby PonyEnergy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:46 pm

i really hope smu finds a way to get a butt in every seat for the unofficial regular season championship......cutting nets in front of a not full moody would be unacceptable
PonyEnergy
Scout Team

Postby GiddyUp » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:46 pm

We need to destroy them, very predictable team.
GiddyUp

Postby ojaipony » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:29 pm

PonyEnergy wrote:i really hope smu finds a way to get a butt in every seat for the unofficial regular season championship......cutting nets in front of a not full moody would be unacceptable

I'm still trying to get tickets and I'm real rowdy.
ojaipony

Postby JasonB » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:20 pm

There are enough tickets available for resale on ticketmaster, Vivid and stubhub that everyone on this board should be able to soak up the extra tickets. I got two for my parents at under 50 bucks each this afternoon, an absolute steal. White out!
JasonB

Postby PonySnob » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:37 am

SMUSooner wrote:I was there in the student section, we were actually sporting 'The Woods Factor' shirts. Along with the Sasser missed free throws Willie Davis having a breakaway that could seal the game I believe in regulation and trying a spin move to lose the ball out of bounds was the killer.

This was compounded with losing to TCU either the game before or after at home...

PonyTime wrote:
ojaipony wrote:[quote="1983 Cotton Bowl"]Last time we had an "all the marbles" game against Tulsa at Moody was in 1998. I was there. I'm sure many on here remember the hideous ending of that one. I've been waiting 17 years for some payback. Let's get the job done!

I was there. And remember it well. In fact, I remember Tulsa beating us quite a bit back then - they always seemed to have had better athletes.

I was there too - For those who did not have the chance to enjoy that disaster of a game (15of 30 from the line) it was in 2000 and it was double OT:[/quote]

Tulsa brought a huge crowd to that game if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:54 am

I remember that game well. Huge crowd. Excellent atmosphere. If only sasser had made more fts
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:28 am

sportzjunkman ‏@sportzjunkman 4h4 hours ago
@SMUBasketball @AD_RickHart what is your plan for getting student tickets in fans hands since its spring break? #BeatTulsa

Rick Hart ‏@AD_RickHart 2h2 hours ago
@sportzjunkman @SMUBasketball All seats are accounted for...stage is set! #ChampionshipSunday #PonyUp
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby ojaipony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:34 am

JasonB wrote:There are enough tickets available for resale on ticketmaster, Vivid and stubhub that everyone on this board should be able to soak up the extra tickets. I got two for my parents at under 50 bucks each this afternoon, an absolute steal. White out!

There is nothing at 50 bucks.
ojaipony

Postby blackoutpony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:52 am

ojaipony wrote:
JasonB wrote:There are enough tickets available for resale on ticketmaster, Vivid and stubhub that everyone on this board should be able to soak up the extra tickets. I got two for my parents at under 50 bucks each this afternoon, an absolute steal. White out!

There is nothing at 50 bucks.

I got mine at 50 bucks over the weekend. I'll be with my crew in 214
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Treadway21 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:00 pm

Sold my to a ponyfans who is a recent grad at $35 a piece. I was feeling a little guilty that I had charged too much, but seeing the resale market my guilty feeling went away real quick.

Glad I did my bit to help a fellow ponyfan youngster. Plenty of ponyfans have done me well when I needed a ticket.

Moody is going to be nuts. Question - since this is for the conference championship, will it be louder than the UCONN game opening Moody last year?
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball