PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: ALL OF THE MARBLES THREAD (SMU vs. Tulsa)

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: ALL OF THE MARBLES THREAD (SMU vs. Tulsa)

Postby CalallenStang » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:58 am

skyscraper wrote:Jeff Reinebold ‏@Jeff_Reinebold
CONGRATULATIONS TO LARRY BROWN AND HIS SMU MUSTANGS ON A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP!...BRINGING PRIDE TO THE HILLTOP... #PONYUP

I always liked Reinebold. Understood why he had to leave, but he was one of the few on the JJ staff that seemed to care. But the dude needs to turn off caps lock once in awhile
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ECMustang » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:31 am

Junior wrote:
ECMustang wrote:Sitting in 212, the crowd overall is pathetic. Student section is lame. Even with the help of 7 Nation before the end of the half.

I'm in 212. Me and my buddies are loud!

Sorry, Junior. I did see a handful of us cheering, but overall first half was just depressing. It did get loud(er) in the second half but overall, I thought it was a poor fan performance for what should have been a loud atmosphere to keep the pressure on Tulsa. The team was lifting the crowd the whole game, not the other way around.

I realize big shots/plays will spark the crowd, but the crowd needed sparking all game. It should be one spark and the place is on fire.
ECMustang
Scout Team

Postby Pony147 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:37 am

CalallenStang wrote:
skyscraper wrote:Jeff Reinebold ‏@Jeff_Reinebold
CONGRATULATIONS TO LARRY BROWN AND HIS SMU MUSTANGS ON A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP!...BRINGING PRIDE TO THE HILLTOP... #PONYUP

I always liked Reinebold. Understood why he had to leave, but he was one of the few on the JJ staff that seemed to care. But the dude needs to turn off caps lock once in awhile

Maybe he is Junebug...
"[College] referees couldn't manage a White Castle." -Mark Cuban
Pony147
Heisman

Postby friarwolf » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:17 pm

ECMustang wrote:
Junior wrote:
ECMustang wrote:Sitting in 212, the crowd overall is pathetic. Student section is lame. Even with the help of 7 Nation before the end of the half.

Sorry, Junior. I did see a handful of us cheering, but overall first half was just depressing. It did get loud(er) in the second half but overall, I thought it was a poor fan performance for what should have been a loud atmosphere to keep the pressure on Tulsa. The team was lifting the crowd the whole game, not the other way around.

I realize big shots/plays will spark the crowd, but the crowd needed sparking all game. It should be one spark and the place is on fire.

It certainly didn't help in the first half when we made a play, went to a timeout and we did the lame 3 shot routine. Next time out, we make a play and.......we have 3 people at mid-court holding a $3500.00 check (really????????). Next time out, we have made a play and.......nothing. After that, you could hear a pin drop for basically the rest of the half. Absolutely horrible.........
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby Junior » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:34 pm

ECMustang wrote:
Junior wrote:

I hear you. I did notice several times that I was the only one standing up and clapping. But at least no one told me to sit down.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:04 pm

It doesn't need to be constant noise, people. Let the crowd ebb and flow with the game. That's what makes the exciting times so exciting. The slow buildup or the sudden explosion. Athletes aren't constantly sprinting. It's ok to be subdued for a bit.
smusic 00

Postby skyscraper » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Yesterday was great in Moody.
Got more love about the crowd in that USAToday article posted about the game.
skyscraper

Postby GreenbeltPony » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:33 pm

skyscraper wrote:Yesterday was great in Moody.
Got more love about the crowd in that USAToday article posted about the game.

Agreed. Woodard's 10 3s definitely put a damper on the crowd a few times; by the end of the game, the fans behind me were more impressed than pissed. The last minute on the clock was great: every single person in Moody (as far as I could see) was standing and cheering.
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

Postby ECMustang » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:58 am

friarwolf wrote:It certainly didn't help in the first half when we made a play, went to a timeout and we did the lame 3 shot routine. Next time out, we make a play and.......we have 3 people at mid-court holding a $3500.00 check (really????????). Next time out, we have made a play and.......nothing. After that, you could hear a pin drop for basically the rest of the half. Absolutely horrible.........

That stretch was brutal
ECMustang
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Basketball