PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Still need 3 Tulsa Tickets

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Still need 3 Tulsa Tickets

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:17 am

Oh boy
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ojaipony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:05 am

Greed running amok these days.
ojaipony

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:24 am

Maybe when you're not busy you could call the ticket office and try to get on the waiting list for the ones that don't require much of a donation - pick up say 3 for next year and then when you can't make it you can sell them around face value. I'm not being sarcastic here
One Trick Pony

Postby ojaipony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:31 am

One Trick Pony wrote:Maybe when you're not busy you could call the ticket office and try to get on the waiting list for the ones that don't require much of a donation - pick up say 3 for next year and then when you can't make it you can sell them around face value. I'm not being sarcastic here

Let me ask you, because maybe I'm misunderstanding something. What does "face value" mean? Does it mean "what you paid for them" or "what you can get for them?" $23 tickets marked up to $160 per is not face value if I understand that correctly. Again, if that's what one is doing, I have no problem just don't call it "face value". Call it, "I'm selling for top dollar and instead of putting them on stubhub I'll try to find a sucker on PF first."

A nosebleed at face value, is around $25. The asking on a a nosebleed for a maximum return, right now, is about $70. Not sure if that's what they are getting, but that's what they are ASKING.

Yes, I understand supply/demand, etc etc (I own a private equity).
ojaipony

Postby CA Mustang » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:34 am

ojaipony wrote:Greed running amok these days.

Right now on StubHub, you can buy up to 5 in 215 for $62 each.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:42 am

The term face value refers to the printed numerical value on the ticket.

When trying to purchase from others don't forget to add in the Mustang Club donation required by our season ticket holders that is part of our initial cost as an example section 202 the least expensive donation is 250 per seat so immediately that's double the face value of the ticket @ cost

luge & floor seats will be $335 cost per seat per game next year. Reds $199
One Trick Pony

Postby ojaipony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:44 am

Is the $250 per seat PER GAME? (And I don't care about floor or luge seats are even red seats - when I was a student, I always sat right on the floor or 2-3 rows up in student section and was probably surrounded by about 5-6 guys). Ha ha.

Thank you for the math, that really helps.
ojaipony

Postby ojaipony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:45 am

CA Mustang wrote:
ojaipony wrote:Greed running amok these days.

Right now on StubHub, you can buy up to 5 in 215 for $62 each.

Yes, that's about 3 times face value. No thanks. They can find another sucker and I'll watch from the warmth of my living room.
ojaipony

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:47 am

Those nosebleed tickets in the upper red section are 27 dollars a piece just for the Mustang Club donation add in another $25 for face value your raw cost 60 bucks
One Trick Pony

Postby ojaipony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:56 am

One Trick Pony wrote:Those nosebleed tickets in the upper red section are 27 dollars a piece just for the Mustang Club donation add in another $25 for face value your raw cost 60 bucks

Ok, so face value is $25. If you are season ticket holder it's $60. So, if I have to spend over $60 for them, then I'm assuming it's from a season ticket holder trying to cover their full costs (no problem) and since those seem to be the only ones available, then I'm assuming the place is completely sold out to season ticket holders and then, therefore, we should have every butt in every seat for every game (supply / demand). Otherwise, they would be less than $60, in some cases closer to $25. (not talking about this game as greed has sunk in a long time ago for this one, but just in general - typical game).
ojaipony

Postby CA Mustang » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:57 am

ojaipony wrote:Yes, that's about 3 times face value. No thanks. They can find another sucker and I'll watch from the warmth of my living room.

You know that:
1) It is the game that will determine the conference regular season champion.
2) It is Senior Day.
3) SMU MBB regularly sells out the renovated Moody.

So why are you expecting to find tickets at (or near) face value?

One Trick Pony wrote:Those nosebleed tickets in the upper red section are 27 dollars a piece just for the Mustang Club donation add in another $25 for face value your raw cost 60 bucks

So if someone is selling them for $62, then their markup is in the single digits. That's hardly price gouging.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:59 am

Mestengo wrote: I already sold you those front row 202 tickets for half of what I could have.

Thanks a lot. :roll:
Bergermeister

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:11 am

Bergermeister wrote:
Mestengo wrote: I already sold you those front row 202 tickets for half of what I could have.

Thanks a lot. :roll:

At my cost and yes he will be wearing those Tulsa colors so you can still spill beer on him. I'm fairly certain this gentleman's an SMU graduate as well

or he sold surfboards there for a few years or something
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:17 am

I dropped 1700 dollars yesterday to the Mustang Club I don't feel sorry for anybody. And I know what my other friends are getting ready to pay this year so I feel fortunate .

And to get front row seats anywhere you would have had to spend about 7 years doing so to get in line or know somebody so you have to factor in those amounts for quality seats too.
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:19 am

I'm trying to get this thread to a thousand hits. Oh wait a minute you're not supposed to do that over here sorry
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball