PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Still need 3 Tulsa Tickets

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Still need 3 Tulsa Tickets

Postby Mestengo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Buy season tickets and get on board

No name calling please :mrgreen:
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ojaipony » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Mestengo wrote:Buy season tickets and get on board

No name calling please :mrgreen:

Sure thing, since you said so chief.

You and Grant Carter ought to join a "I never post here except to point out issues I have with other people's posts" club.

I still need 3 tix. Thanks.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:08 pm

I understand ojaipony's point in some ways, but I would look at it this way. How can we honestly call season ticket holders greedy for selling their tickets on stubhub for as much as they can when SMU has made tickets 10 times more expensive for the season ticket holders to buy in the first place. Perhaps it is greed, but it is greed borne out of the greed of SMU.

And yes, I'm bitter. I just hope I can find some good seats..... I can hardly bring myself to say it...... above the rail.
Section 103 - It's been a blast for the past 6 years. Maybe we'll meet again.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:15 pm

Abu I will be joining you first row @ the rail next year.

And I agree with Oja mestengo is an a****** even if he does speak the truth

And Grant Carter is a financial contributor
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby ojaipony » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:19 pm

Personally, I'd think that season ticket holders are season ticket holders because they want to actually watch the games (and/or have friends/family/biz associates watch the games). If this is primarily a business for you (marking up tickets on the secondary market), there are better ways to make money. If you are using this game to recoup some of your costs, ok no problem. Personally, I don't care. Just looking for 3 tix. If I have to buy $60+ tickets in the nosebleeds, so be it.
ojaipony

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:22 pm

I have two floor seats for $500 per that's the best I can do

I'll throw in free parking

Last edited by One Trick Pony on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby SMU Section F » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:25 pm

ojaipony wrote:Personally, I'd think that season ticket holders are season ticket holders because they want to actually watch the games (and/or have friends/family/biz associates watch the games). If this is primarily a business for you (marking up tickets on the secondary market), there are better ways to make money. If you are using this game to recoup some of your costs, ok no problem. Personally, I don't care. Just looking for 3 tix. If I have to buy $60+ tickets in the nosebleeds, so be it.

I don't think most people on PonyFans are trying to make money on the secondary market and most would probably prefer to attend the game than recoup costs. (To clarify: there are people doing this, but they probably aren't posting here.) I think this is just a game not many season ticket holders are going to miss. You may get lucky if something comes up for someone at the last minute, but I think you'll probably end up buying from the secondary market in the end.

That said, I think some ticket brokers may have purchased too many SMU basketball tickets, because there are always tickets available on game day at pretty reasonable prices. In fact, I did the math and I could have easily purchased last minute tickets to every game this season for noticeably less than I spent on my "above the rail" season tickets.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:27 pm

SMU Section F wrote:
ojaipony wrote:Personally, I'd think that season ticket holders are season ticket holders because they want to actually watch the games (and/or have friends/family/biz associates watch the games). If this is primarily a business for you (marking up tickets on the secondary market), there are better ways to make money. If you are using this game to recoup some of your costs, ok no problem. Personally, I don't care. Just looking for 3 tix. If I have to buy $60+ tickets in the nosebleeds, so be it.

I don't think most people on PonyFans are trying to make money on the secondary market and most would probably prefer to attend the game than recoup costs. (To clarify: there are people doing this, but they probably aren't posting here.) I think this is just a game not many season ticket holders are going to miss. You may get lucky if something comes up for someone at the last minute, but I think you'll probably end up buying from the secondary market in the end.

That said, I think some ticket brokers may have purchased too many SMU basketball tickets, because there are always tickets available on game day at pretty reasonable prices. In fact, I did the math and I could have easily purchased last minute tickets to every game this season for noticeably less than I spent on my "above the rail" season tickets.

Yes to your numbers

Yet you still purchase them
One Trick Pony

Postby ojaipony » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:29 pm

SMU Section F wrote:I don't think most people on PonyFans are trying to make money on the secondary market and most would probably prefer to attend the game than recoup costs. (To clarify: there are people doing this, but they probably aren't posting here.) I think this is just a game not many season ticket holders are going to miss. You may get lucky if something comes up for someone at the last minute, but I think you'll probably end up buying from the secondary market in the end.

I agree with your first paragraph, which is why I started on PF first with my search.

Thanks for the other info. Appreciate it.

(I don't have the luxury of waiting until the last minute, though, due to family logistics/travel, etc).
ojaipony

Postby Treadway21 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:58 pm

I have got 2 to sell at face value. Have to leave town (poor spring break planning). 203 - a few rows behind PonyScott. I need to unload so if you can't use them ojai, post here so I can start a separate thread with the offer for a ponyfan that needs 2.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby ojaipony » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:39 pm

Thanks Treadway but I need 3 (have to have my 2 daughters with me as we are driving up from Austin and mom is in Canada for biz).
ojaipony

Postby coloradoStang » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:02 pm

I have at least 2 in the nosebleeds for Tulsa. I may have 3 if my buddy decides he would rather be in Destin than watch the ponies play for the conference championship
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby ojaipony » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:07 pm

coloradoStang wrote:I have at least 2 in the nosebleeds for Tulsa. I may have 3 if my buddy decides he would rather be in Destin than watch the ponies play for the conference championship

Ok, please let me know.
ojaipony

Postby coloradoStang » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:24 pm

ojaipony wrote:
coloradoStang wrote:I have at least 2 in the nosebleeds for Tulsa. I may have 3 if my buddy decides he would rather be in Destin than watch the ponies play for the conference championship

Ok, please let me know.

Sorry he decided he is going to the game. I have 2 left to sell cheap if anyone wants them.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby SMU89 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:50 pm

Treadway21 wrote:I have got 2 to sell at face value. Have to leave town (poor spring break planning). 203 - a few rows behind PonyScott. I need to unload so if you can't use them ojai, post here so I can start a separate thread with the offer for a ponyfan that needs 2.

You'll have to pay someone to sit behind ponyscott
SMU89

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball