PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cut down the nets on Sunday

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Cut down the nets on Sunday

Postby skyscraper » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:09 pm

Winner take all at Moody. Can't wait!
Ps.... Thx Cincinnati
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Cut down the nets on Sunday

Postby shadowman » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:11 pm

Up to us now to take care of business, but Cincy did help us out, win and we don't have to share it.

In 93 when we won our last undisputed title (SWC title no less), we got it after the fact when Tony Barone's Fighting Aggies upset a heavily favored Rice team, that gave us the title when we were not even playing.

Will not be that way Sunday, We win and we cut them nets down!

Go Ponies!
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby ojaipony » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:16 pm

shadowman wrote:Up to us now to take care of business, but Cincy did help us out, win and we don't have to share it.

In 93 when we won our last undisputed title (SWC title no less), we got it after the fact when Tony Barone's Fighting Aggies upset a heavily favored Rice team, that gave us the title when we were not even playing.

Will not be that way Sunday, We win and we cut them nets down!

Go Ponies!

Yep, in 93 we won regular season, then laid eggs in the conf and ncaa tourney. Was like we were satisfied with that.

Let's start MANY wins in a row on Sunday.
ojaipony

Postby SmooBoy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:17 pm

So Cincy beats us twice, and now bails us out for a chance at the title. Some things do even out.
SmooBoy

Postby coloradoStang » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:18 pm

since the students will be sparse you old guys gonna rush the court?
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby shadowman » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:21 pm

coloradoStang wrote:since the students will be sparse you old guys gonna rush the court?

I will bring the wheels for my oxygen tank and use my fast walking cane.
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:23 pm

Going to be a special day
Pony ^

Postby ojaipony » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:24 pm

coloradoStang wrote:since the students will be sparse you old guys gonna rush the court?

Need The ORIGINAL Mob t-shirts.

Give me 20 guys, all seated in the student section, and I'll show you how it's done sonny!
ojaipony

Postby mustang1992 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:27 pm

skyscraper wrote:Winner take all at Moody. Can't wait!
Ps.... Thx Cincinnati

I wonder if the Tulsa students were chanting Cin...cin...nati tonight like they were when we were there? LOL
mustang1992
All-American

Postby Stallion » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:27 pm

yeah you don't get many chances to play at home for winner take all in final game. Not sure it has happened in my life-although SMU and Texas played a winner take off playoff in Waco (yes playoff) in what 1972. They lost

Respect the Seniors-come early for Senior Day
Last edited by Stallion on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby coloradoStang » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:28 pm

ojaipony wrote:

Need The ORIGINAL Mob t-shirts.

Give me 20 guys, all seated in the student section, and I'll show you how it's done sonny!

:lol: see you there!
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby shadowman » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:37 pm

Also, many of you younger guys enamored with the big dance and maybe even the conference tournament have lost a bit of focus and what matters.

Back in the day and to me, the regular season title is the most important thing you can do pre dance. You hang banners for that. I am DAMN excited that we can finally win an undisputed conference title for the first time in 22 years. Sure, winning the conference tournament and playing deep in the big dance is great, and we will get that chance.

Now though, we have a chance to win the conference title and that does not happen often, it is net cutting worthy, banner hanging worthy, and something we can remember for a long time.

I understand the big dance is the ultimate goal, but winning the conference title is something very special and everyone needs to understand that and represent.

Go Ponies!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby coloradoStang » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:40 pm

shadowman wrote:

Also, many of you younger guys enamored with the big dance and maybe even the conference tournament have lost a bit of focus and what matters.

Back in the day and to me, the regular season title is the most important thing you can do pre dance. You hang banners for that. I am DAMN excited that we can finally win an undisputed conference title for the first time in 22 years. Sure, winning the conference tournament and playing deep in the big dance is great, and we will get that chance.

Now though, we have a chance to win the conference title and that does not happen often, it is net cutting worthy, banner hanging worthy, and something we can remember for a long time.

I understand the big dance is the ultimate goal, but winning the conference title is something very special and everyone needs to understand that and represent.

Go Ponies!

I agree a lot of my buddies are saying well the conference tourney is the real conference champ. But in my mind its more impressive to win the regular season in a conference like ours. (multiple bids)
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:42 pm

Go scissors
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby Stallion » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:43 pm

SMU did beat UT on last Saturday to win SWC in Moody but UT wasn't in contention-was that that 1993?
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Next

Return to Basketball