PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cut down the nets on Sunday

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cut down the nets on Sunday

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:38 am

Tulsa fans are already booing
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyFan32 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:48 am

I agree that it ought to be more about the regular season title than the conference title. Consistency over 2+ months is far more impressive than 3 games in 3 days.

I hardly remember the 93 team, but from my spotty memory (I was pretty young, and did not comprehend major college basketball yet), it was definitely exciting with a good crowd but nothing like what it's been like this season. I don't remember many games where people filled the nosebleeds. That team was my favorite until this current one though. Solid squad.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby SMUstangs22 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:23 am

Should we all go to a sports store and buy basketball nets to wear around our necks for the Tulsa game?
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby Treadway21 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:40 am

hoopmanx wrote:I'd like a regular season league championship, if only b/c its what should matter, even though it doesn't. Automatic bids for league tourneys is the worst part of college ball.

Yes, totally agree. It should be reversed - where you play the conference tourney to earn an at large birth.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:03 pm

coloradoStang wrote:since the students will be sparse you old guys gonna rush the court?

I'm going to start pregaming for the game this afternoon, so if I'm anywhere near functional and don't eat crap running down the stairs, the why the hell not? :lol:
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ender3 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:35 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:It takes 2 1/2 months to win a regular season championship and 4 days to win a conference tourney. I've always thought the regular season championship should carry more weight but it's all about TV. Just win Sunday!

Just a thought... let's win both.
Stallion doesn't think I'm a stinkin' genius anymore.
ender3
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball