PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

the WAC

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

the WAC

Postby Q fan » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:18 pm

Right now, it looks like Nevada is the hottest team in the conference...BUT, they have played the vast majority of their games at home, where they are very tough. On the road they have been weak, winning only two games all season. The majority of their remaining games are on the road, including a nasty looking road trip to Hawaii, San Jose, and Fresno. The Wolfpack may well cool off down the stretch.

SMU has a more or less favorable looking schedule the rest of the way. There are some tough road games against Boise, Fresno, and Nevada. But this team has proven to be as much a road warrior as anyone in the WAC. Its not inconcievable that we will pull one of those games off. Of course, we will need to in order to make up for a disappointing home loss against Boise. Wins against San Jose and Hawaii are imperative.

Hawaii plays almost all their remaining games on the road, where they have been awful. I see a major fade coming on for these guys.

Rice, on the other hand, has several home games coming up. This Rice squad looks like to have a favorable schedule for WAC tourney seeding purposes...

The point, you ask

The point is, if our boys can learn to play some defense and continue to click on the offensive end, we have as good a chance as anyone to earn a number 2 seed in the WAC tourney. I don't see us catching Fresno for the number 1 seed, but number 2 will do just fine. We just need to take care of business and head into the tourny on a strong note.
Q fan

Re: the WAC

Postby TUfan » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:37 pm

I posted this on the TU board and then copied it over to the WAC board. I will be doing an update for the Tulsa board weekly and posting the update on the WAC board as well. It has the remaining home/away games for each team and some analysis. Take a peek if you'd like.

<A HREF="http://www.tulsagoldenhurricane.com/cgi-bin/yabb/yabb.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=bblmn;action=display;num=1044391840" TARGET=_blank>http://www.tulsagoldenhurricane.com/cgi-bin/yabb/yabb.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=bblmn;action=display;num=1044391840</A>
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:58 pm

Looks good TUFan Image
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:49 pm

Parity has set in BIG TIME....everyone is beating up on each other. Nobody is going to the dance except the tourney winner...seems like there is no clear league winner until later. FSU and Nevada have tough games ahead.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball