PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How about another guard?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: How about another guard?

Postby PonyFan32 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:09 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:Yep.

NIT vs. Minnesota - up seven with 5 minutes to play.
NCAA vs. UCLA - up seven with 1:26 to play.

Larry must not be a very good coach. :lol:
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby ojaipony » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:21 pm

PonyFan32 wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:Yep.

NIT vs. Minnesota - up seven with 5 minutes to play.
NCAA vs. UCLA - up seven with 1:26 to play.

Larry must not be a very good coach. :lol:

To be fair, I don't think LB was really "there" for the UCLA game. As for the Minnesota game, I'm still scratching my head on that one. Not sure why Sterling was taken out of that one, but my recollection is that he was having a great game and then we took him out, put in RM, and then it just fell completely apart.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyswim » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:44 pm

I am quite certain that Larry - or any other coach would not be happy with the way both those games were finished by SMU.
Obviously to grow as a program, we have to people on the floor who "finish well." One of the good things I think we will have going for us next year is that we can have multiple skilled, confident scorers on the court at the end of the game. If that happens we have a chance to be much better and be more successful in tight games against talented teams.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby ojaipony » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:27 pm

ponyswim wrote:I am quite certain that Larry - or any other coach would not be happy with the way both those games were finished by SMU.
Obviously to grow as a program, we have to people on the floor who "finish well." One of the good things I think we will have going for us next year is that we can have multiple skilled, confident scorers on the court at the end of the game. If that happens we have a chance to be much better and be more successful in tight games against talented teams.

Agreed. And I think leading up to the UCLA game we were either undefeated or very close to it leading in games this season with 5:00 minutes or under to go. I heard it said by the TV announcers. Generally, we were very good at closing out games this year.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball