PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who Did Kentucky Play Tonight?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Who Did Kentucky Play Tonight?

Postby GiddyUp » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:38 pm

friarwolf wrote:
GiddyUp wrote:
friarwolf wrote:And Coach K says, "thank you........." I would much rather Kentucky lay an asswhipping on Duke and Calipari get another title than for that fraud at Duke to win another title............

wow, strong opinions. Fraud? Please explain the winningest coach in ncaa history ?

He's a great coach. He quit on his team in 1995 when is was obviously a down year for them. He also has great publicists who for the most part made him out to be a saint........
1995?
Interesting - They have been in the tournament like every year for two decades. Not many coaches are saints are they?
GiddyUp
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dukie » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:08 pm

friarwolf wrote:
GiddyUp wrote:
friarwolf wrote:And Coach K says, "thank you........." I would much rather Kentucky lay an asswhipping on Duke and Calipari get another title than for that fraud at Duke to win another title............

wow, strong opinions. Fraud? Please explain the winningest coach in ncaa history ?

He's a great coach. He quit on his team in 1995 when is was obviously a down year for them. He also has great publicists who for the most part made him out to be a saint........

Such a tired cliche for Duke-haters.

When Coach K stepped away in January 1995, Duke was 9-3 and ranked #11. They had beaten #17 Georgia Tech in a neutral-site game, beaten three eventual NCAA tournament teams (Illinois and Michigan of the Big Ten, with the Illinois game at Chicago, plus North Carolina AT&T), and beaten eventual NIT team George Washington. Duke had also lost to Elite Eight-bound UConn by all of four points, at UConn.

Care to explain again how it was obviously a down year at that point, rather than becoming one because of K's injury?
Dukie
Heisman

Postby ojaipony » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Like it or not (I don't), Duke is our model for bball. I would love to sniff half of Duke's bball success from the last 25 years.

This was the first bball game I watched since our "theft game" because I was hoping the cheesers would pull it off. I was not disappointed. Dekker is a bad man. I watched it on TBS and thought it was ok. I also thought the Harrison twins are overrated. If they didn't have Towns, that team would have crapped out a few rounds ago - Calipari is annoying even though he's in LB's forest. Personally, I think LB can coach circles around him.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby whitwiki » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:05 pm

But Cal is a better recruiter
whitwiki
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball