PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who Did Kentucky Play Tonight?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Who Did Kentucky Play Tonight?

Postby Mexmustang » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:20 pm

And who was their coach? ESPN, TNT, etc., were all about Kentucky, Caliperi and their fans... even the ending press conference! During the final quarter the camera's never even panned the Wisconsin bench, nor mentioned the name of their HC.
Never have witnessed such favoritism on national TV...I would have been ambivalent, but now so happy for Wisconsin!
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Re: Who Did Kentucky Play Tonight?

Postby peruna81 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:33 pm

watched the two 'streams' tonight...thought the UK one with Rex was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. They too focused on UK fans only, well, because it was the UK stream.

Wisconsin stream was simply, well, ecstatic. Never seen so many shocked folks that were just looking at each other and saying "did that just happen?"
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:05 am

Mexmustang wrote:And who was their coach? ESPN, TNT, etc., were all about Kentucky, Caliperi and their fans... even the ending press conference! During the final quarter the camera's never even panned the Wisconsin bench, nor mentioned the name of their HC.
Never have witnessed such favoritism on national TV...I would have been ambivalent, but now so happy for Wisconsin!

Did you watch the game on TNT, TBS, or TruTV? TBS was the unbiased broadcast, the others were homer calls
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:36 am

I haven't seen any SportsCenter since the game, but I can only imagine how bad it is...
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Mexmustang » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:45 am

TNT and SC afterwards. I wrongly assumed TNT was neutral...SC certainly wasn't... long interview of UK players, etc. And of course Coach Clipari. It was a good 30 minutes before Wisconsin's coach was even mentioned.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby friarwolf » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:55 am

And Coach K says, "thank you........." I would much rather Kentucky lay an asswhipping on Duke and Calipari get another title than for that fraud at Duke to win another title............
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby FIVE-O-FAN » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:19 am

I'm not sure about the Team stream. Even as a Badger fan I thought the TruTV feed was a little over the top.
FIVE-O-FAN
All-American

Postby Junior » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:56 am

Mexmustang wrote:And who was their coach? ESPN, TNT, etc., were all about Kentucky, Caliperi and their fans... even the ending press conference! During the final quarter the camera's never even panned the Wisconsin bench, nor mentioned the name of their HC.

TBS was the neutral broadcast.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby GiddyUp » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:17 pm

friarwolf wrote:And Coach K says, "thank you........." I would much rather Kentucky lay an asswhipping on Duke and Calipari get another title than for that fraud at Duke to win another title............

wow, strong opinions. Fraud? Please explain the winningest coach in ncaa history ?
GiddyUp

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:14 pm

I will be rooting for Wisconsin.

Sick of all the duke and UK love fest. They had set it up for that and Wisconson is ruining the party.

Separately surprised no one is taking about what Harrison said about the Wisconsin kid. Another reason to see UK knocked off their pedestal. Hopefully Wisconsin carries it out and knocks off the next proclaimed champion.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby CA Mustang » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:Separately surprised no one is taking about what Harrison said about the Wisconsin kid.

No, it is getting plenty of coverage.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the ... 02601.html
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/andrew-har ... 34764.html
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... e-comments
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... y-wildcats
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyswim » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:26 pm

I started watching on TNT not realizing that it was the Kentucky broadcasters - of course they were total Ky people. I thought it was terrible. Figured out at halftime where the neutral feed was on TBS - totally different. So if you we're watching TNT you got the slanted view.
Bo Ryan and Wisc did a great job - so glad for college BB that they won. I hope the Harrisons go pro and to teams I don't like.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby ponyte » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:32 pm

Watched TBS. Got lucky and watch the neutral broadcast. Had I watched one of the homer broadcast combined with overall crummy officiating, I might not have survived the night
ponyte

Postby Junior » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:24 pm

ponyte wrote:Watched TBS. Got lucky and watch the neutral broadcast. Had I watched one of the homer broadcast combined with overall crummy officiating, I might not have survived the night

at least it seemed (to me at least) that the crummy officiating was going both ways.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby friarwolf » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:59 pm

GiddyUp wrote:
friarwolf wrote:And Coach K says, "thank you........." I would much rather Kentucky lay an asswhipping on Duke and Calipari get another title than for that fraud at Duke to win another title............

wow, strong opinions. Fraud? Please explain the winningest coach in ncaa history ?

He's a great coach. He quit on his team in 1995 when is was obviously a down year for them. He also has great publicists who for the most part made him out to be a saint........
friarwolf
Heisman

Next

Return to Basketball