PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Spring game - bball team

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Spring game - bball team

Postby hoopmanx » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Puckhead48E wrote:
ponywhupp9202 wrote:My 15 year and 11 year old sons caught them in the concourse with basketballs and sharpies in hand. More than 1/2 the team, including Larry Brown, signed them. I didn't run up the aisle to catch them, figuring the the less people that were there, the better chance they had to get an autograph or two. They both said everyone was very cool, polite, and respectful, and my older son (who is 6'5") actually had a couple minute long conversation with MK. Both my kids were very excited to have met them.

I asked them if YM managed to get a goal tending call when he handed him the ball to sign. No comment.

And yes, KF was there.

Whether honestly in the mix next year or not, the continued support and inclusion of Keith is one of those moves that makes a difference. Recruits see that connectivity and hear about it. Other players act on it. Just class...and the type of connection that not only results in a better chance of him buying in on the entire student and grades part, but the more important impact of the lessons he takes with him that make him a better man and father later in life. LB...making great men.

Great post.

It's also neat they sent out the photo of the team. That stuff really helps mold the next generation of fan. The culture and the family aspect of SMU basketball is maybe my favorite part of all this. Love winning, LOVE recruiting but establishing this type culture and family, so fast, is extremely impressive
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball