PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tubbs

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tubbs

Postby Nacho » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:59 pm

Sorry that I missed that call on the Fresno game. I thought we would bounce back from the Nevada loss. Something is definitely missing from this team. Is it heart? Is it Xs and Os? Shooting? Whatever, it really doesn't matter. Losing is losing. It usually comes down to a lot of things going wrong.

I like Dement. I always have. It's impossible for me to get on here and go into a rant about him. I do however think that if SMU goes into the patented swoon over the next few games and then loses the first game of the WAC tourney that Copeland is going to have to do some serious evaluation of the head coach.

I would be in the Jimmy Tubbs camp. I watched some of the Oklahoma-TT game on TV and thought about Tubbs and the invaluable experience he is getting with that team. He is already a good recruiter.

Whatever happens with Dement won't surprise me. Copeland likes him. It will be extremely hard for him to let him go. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dement back here next year.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball