PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Wednesday's game...

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Wednesday's game...

Postby TUfan » Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:19 pm

I just wanted to stop by and wish you luck (OK, not too much luck) for a hard faught, clean, well-officiated game-- hopefully with a rowdy crowd. Despite the game being on Wednesday, it appears that there will be a decent, but not as large as most years, contingent of TU fans on hand.

TUfan

P.S. How many SMU fans do you think will be there? A TU fan bought tickets in section E, row 7 (three rows in front of my groups tickets) in the past 2 days. Seems like those are awefully good seats this close to game time.
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Re: Wednesday's game...

Postby MustangKurt20 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:27 pm

Hell you can sit anywhere you want to. After losing those two games on the road I expect the crowd to be particuraly sparse tomorrow.

Kurt
Basically, I'm a badass.
MustangKurt20
Junior Varsity

Postby ponyte » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:10 pm

I hope the game is exciting and of course we win. I routinely go to the SMU-TU football game in Tulsa. Not many TU fans but they are nice. I usually get a front row seat on the 50 yard line or anywhere else I want to sit.

Seems as if TU and SMU have a few things in common.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby TUfan » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:49 pm

Well MustangKurt. Apparently I can't sit wherever I want. Nor can any TU fan according to one particular SMU fan who had tickets right in front of/next to the TU player tickets in section E. However, he did call all of his friends around the arena in an attempt to fill the seats and get the rest of us to move. They kept threatening to get security because we were yelling. Apparently he had the basketball game confused with the opera.

I don't think you need them as fans though-- as all of his friends save two or three left after Dante hit the three, and he left with the rest of his pals after Dante made his first two free throws. I mean-- there is 1:30 left in the game (approximately) and SMU's down 3 and the fans leave? OUCH!

[This message has been edited by TUfan (edited 02-20-2003).]
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Postby Eddie P » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:17 pm

Well, sir. Kurt is a student and while I get what he was saying when he said you could sit anywhere, that doesn't mean you have the right to sit in someone else's seats. If somebody pays for their seats then they have the right to demand to sit in them.

Postby TUfan » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:39 pm

Eddie--

1. I'm not a sir. I don't know why all message board posters assume that all other posters are men. Terrible stereotype.

2. We were not in his seats. (I made a mistake in my first post-- my ticket was in section E, but I moved to section F to sit with my boyfriend's family. You guys might actually know him, but that's another story.) Had someone come and said-- that is my seat, here is my ticket. I would have said. OK, and moved to another seat. No big deal. I'm not some psycho-witch who thinks she can lay claim to whatever she wants.

The "sir" in question did not pay for all 15 or so of the seats he got his friends to sit in--nor the 15 or so others that he tried to lay claim to. When the TU families started showing up, he realized that just wasn't going to work. Really it wasn't a big deal until he acted like a total jerk-- even to a group of elderly women who were also seated in their purchased ticket seats. I know I wouldn't say those things to someone old enough to be my mother or grandmother.

Like I said-- apparently visitng fans are not supposed to yell for their team at a basketball game.

3. Back to the question I've wondered since...well...approximately 7:05 last night-- what rational person is going to buy tickets behind the visiting teams bench, immediately next to the player's families? Maybe it's not his fault at all? Maybe the ticket office screwed up?
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Postby Eddie P » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:49 pm

Sorry about the sir thing, mam.

Actually, I have ten seats on section F behind the players bench. They're good seats and most are claimed by season ticket holders. In fact, they are very good seats. Although people sometimes tend not to come to the game...

I understand what you are saying. I only had one person removed from said ten seats so my buddy and I could sit down. And I was right behind that psycho-fan of yours waving the flag. We exchanged words a few times but surprisingly it never got foul. Sorry you had a bad experience. But again, surely you admit that the vast majority of Tulsa fans moved up into empty seats when people who own tickets for those seats failed to show. You're going to get some abuse from people whom you may be sitting next to and don't like being surrounded by the opposing fans. I KNOW psycho-fan didn't buy the seats where he was...but he was allowed to stay unmolested.

Return to Basketball