PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tuesday practice

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tuesday practice

Postby HoopDeeDoo » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:31 pm

Did everyone look healthy for tonight's game?
HoopDeeDoo

Re: Tuesday practice

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:54 pm

DMN -

"Coach Mike Dement ran a grueling practice Monday, one in which his players were made accountable for poor defense by having to endure extra conditioning sprints. In particular, Dement is perplexed by his team's trouble defending the 3-point shot and the low post."

TU will probably not miss 3's like they did in Tulsa...they went 8 of 36 and 0 fer in the 1st half. Parker must be contained.

[This message has been edited by Pony_Fan (edited 02-19-2003).]
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PX » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HoopDeeDoo:
<B>Did everyone look healthy for tonight's game?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Voc missed practice for class, but I dont think his health is any different than usual. Nigel mau see more playing time. Isham has the wrap off his wrist. Everyone looked ok.
PX
Varsity

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:56 pm

The guy that torched us last year was a big guy, Charlie Davis. He's from Grand Prairie and guys from the Metroplex always seem to play their best at Moody in front of their family and friends. Davis is a senior too, so I expect him to play really hard and well tonight. Seneca Collins is another guy from the area that when he gets on the floor will be dangerous. Of course Dante Swanson and Jason Parker will have to be contained from outside. In one way I am glad Antonio Reed is gone because he always lit us up, but on the other hand he was supposedly part of a team problem they had which they seem to now be putting behing them. This is a huge game for SMU tonight coming off a bad road trip. To me, it might end up making the difference between a respectable season and a disappointing one.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Lefty » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:11 pm

What's the latest on Nigel Smith's health? I read somewhere that his sinuses were acting up again. I take it he's better?
Lefty
All-American

Return to Basketball