PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

NBA Lottery

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: NBA Lottery

Postby mustangxc » Thu May 21, 2015 7:17 am

I can also see Eman making a big donation to SMU basketball in the future similar to what ARod did with Miami baseball.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby bubba pony » Thu May 21, 2015 4:54 pm

The Knicks got draft choice 4 and speculations are Emmanuel Mudiay may be their pick. But the Knicks and their fans are not happy with Mudiay.
There are many articles to read but this one I find of interest.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/A ... 94531.html

where Larry Bird says:

“It’s very hard, very hard, to know what he can do,’’ Indiana president Larry Bird, a legend as much as Jackson, told NBC 4 New York after the lottery as he sat on the stage. “We had people over there to see him play, but he didn’t play much. He got hurt. It’s a very tough situation. So now you’ve got to see him work out and see what he is. Because you can’t go by high school stats. They’re all good in high school. But it’s a tough deal.’’

Some newspapers in NYC are even saying they should pass on Mudiay.

By not having LB’s teaching and mentoring I suspect EM value may have wained. Maybe EM couldn’t get an uncontested NCAA probe by committing to SMU. But if he really went to China for only short term money, EM may have diminished his rookie NBA salary by falling lower in the draft. The Knicks feel the top 3 draftees are franchise players, not EM.
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby Planter's Punch » Fri May 22, 2015 2:47 pm

bubba pony wrote:By not having LB’s teaching and mentoring I suspect EM value may have wained. Maybe EM couldn’t get an uncontested NCAA probe by committing to SMU. But if he really went to China for only short term money, EM may have diminished his rookie NBA salary by falling lower in the draft. The Knicks feel the top 3 draftees are franchise players, not EM.

I always got the sense that while the money played a role, there was really no way he was going to play at SMU without the NCAA going for blood. LB was a class act through the whole thing even after JM M offered to leave the team, telling him to stay and graduate. I still count EM as a mustang and hope he stays connected to the program. Given his results from China he could use some coaching/mentoring from LB.
Planter's Punch
All-American

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri May 22, 2015 2:59 pm

He will be fine. Last night I was reading rumors on the draft and several think Philly may take him at #3.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OhioBrownFan » Fri May 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Planter's Punch wrote:
bubba pony wrote:By not having LB’s teaching and mentoring I suspect EM value may have wained. Maybe EM couldn’t get an uncontested NCAA probe by committing to SMU. But if he really went to China for only short term money, EM may have diminished his rookie NBA salary by falling lower in the draft. The Knicks feel the top 3 draftees are franchise players, not EM.

I always got the sense that while the money played a role, there was really no way he was going to play at SMU without the NCAA going for blood. LB was a class act through the whole thing even after JM M offered to leave the team, telling him to stay and graduate. I still count EM as a mustang and hope he stays connected to the program. Given his results from China he could use some coaching/mentoring from LB.

Given his results in China? You realize he's a top five pick in this draft, right?
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball