PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU reaches out to 6'9 C Jonathan Nwankwo class of 2015

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU reaches out to 6'9 C Jonathan Nwankwo class of 2015

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Committed to VCU. Someone, anyone, want our last scholie?
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GiddyUp » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:11 am

We may have to hang on to it, wow. Whiff whiff
GiddyUp

Postby Puckhead48E » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:22 pm

But wait....everyone here says our NCAA investigation has no impact on recruits and that anyone with a pulse would be fawning over the opportunity to work with LB. I know we have gulped the cool-aid as a fanbase...I get that...but we should be in the running for someone. Either LB views this need as being much less substantial than we do, or the NCAA hammer hanging over our head is having more of an impact that many would want to admit, or Richmond is just more fun than Dallas.
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby hoopmanx » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:35 pm

The NCAA sanctions aren't hurting us w kids like Nwankwo, if at all. You may see 'bigs' as a roster need, but maybe the kid wants to go where he starts or gets big minutes Day 1. W/semi and Ben Moore here for the next several seasons and beyond, it's not like we look that terribly thin heading into the '16 July evals.

Yes, we could use animpact big, but we just got Carter whom we actually spent time recruiting, unlike Nwankwo. We have Semi/Moore and entire cycle to grab an impact big. It's pretty far from dire.

Our '15 guards are going to win a ton of games
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:35 pm

I'd really like to see us land Nate Morris in the 2016 class. He's got a personal connection with Ira Terrell and he's been to a lot of SMU games.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:33 am

hoopmanx wrote:The NCAA sanctions aren't hurting us w kids like Nwankwo, if at all. You may see 'bigs' as a roster need, but maybe the kid wants to go where he starts or gets big minutes Day 1. W/semi and Ben Moore here for the next several seasons and beyond, it's not like we look that terribly thin heading into the '16 July evals.

Yes, we could use animpact big, but we just got Carter whom we actually spent time recruiting, unlike Nwankwo. We have Semi/Moore and entire cycle to grab an impact big. It's pretty far from dire.

Our '15 guards are going to win a ton of games

I was kind of thinking the same thing. . .although I am far from an expert. It seems to me that these "whiffs" on some bigs would have more to do with our current and future roster and potential PT opportunities than anything else.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby hoopmanx » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:07 pm

I mean, we've certainly missed more now than we first did w/LB, but I'm not sure it's indicative of anything other than settling in. We're going to get ours. Look at our last 7 signees, top 20 legit
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball