PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hot Dog! Rice tomorrow

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hot Dog! Rice tomorrow

Postby ponyte » Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:15 pm

Ok, what do folks think about our chances against Rice? We are coming off a hard loss to TU and a 3 game losing streak? Doesn’t look good. We have a very young team and now is a test of character. Can they rise to the challenge?

What do the experts think?

I am looking forward to listening to the game. This group is young but seem to play more as a team this year. It is something to build upon.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Hot Dog! Rice tomorrow

Postby Ringer » Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:39 pm

I agree that Rice will be a tough one. They just beat an LA Tech that was on a winning streak and the game was at their house. I think SMU will get the win. Playing at home will help them and I think they have to much pride to lose back to back at home. I see them getting pretty fired up and gearing up for the conference tournament. That is what they should set their sites on at this point. Finishing the season strong and getting on fire for the tulsa tournament. I still believe this team has a lot to offer. These last three have been disappointing to say the least. As was Boise St. for that matter. We saw a brief glimmer during mid season of what this team is capable of. I think they can still take it to an even higher level this season. Heck even the mavericks had their own three game losing streak. It happens. We fans need to show some backbone and support the team the rest of the way by showing up to the games. This mustang team is fun to watch, competitive (at least at home) and are good team players. Let us not give up on them. That is what we as fans should focus on the remainder of the season.
Ringer
Recruit

Return to Basketball