PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Lineup

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Lineup

Postby JoeKidd » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:36 am

I like that lineup, not quite as much depth as last year at the big position, but much more at the guard....especially if we have KF back, which I am keeping my fingers crossed for.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:11 am

Not as much depth at big? Assuming all eligible and no injuries, we've got MK, BM, Tolbert, Semi, and Carter. Sure we lose Yanick and Caneen, who were great, but it still seems pretty good to me. Am I missing something?
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby ponywhupp9202 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:07 pm

1983 Cotton Bowl wrote:Not as much depth at big? Assuming all eligible and no injuries, we've got MK, BM, Tolbert, Semi, and Carter. Sure we lose Yanick and Caneen, who were great, but it still seems pretty good to me. Am I missing something?

I think some people look at this as our new bigs are smaller (or at least not as tall) than our departing ones. I'll miss watching the smooth shooting Cannen sleepwalk through a double double. While I did enjoy YM's play, he seemed to either have an awesome game or to be a non factor. I think we'll be fine with the new guys and I am excited to see how they contribute. We will obviously have more depth there, and I would bet there will be some lethal combinations once the coaching staff figures out how many to use at a time and how they play together.
ponywhupp9202
Varsity

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Ok, well I agree that we lose a little height. But I'm not sure that's a problem. I think we will gain in the strength department, with some bruisers down low.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Hopefully Ben Moore will have a solid year.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyFan32 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:35 am

PonySnob wrote:Hopefully Ben Moore will have a solid year.

This is also my hope. I really like his game, but I keep waiting for him to take it up another level. Was so stoked for him after the Lamar game last year, and then he had a quietly okay campaign from there on out.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:42 pm

He needs to get more aggressive and flat out mean. Too nice a guy.
gostangs

Lineup

Postby mrydel » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Not that anyone cares, but since we do occasionally play them, The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) is changing its name to Little Rock. Although still a part of the UA network, going forward they are the Little Rock Trojans.

(I did not think this need a new thread so I just dumped it in here)
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Pony Boss » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:45 pm

mrydel wrote:Not that anyone cares, but since we do occasionally play them, The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) is changing its name to Little Rock. Although still a part of the UA network, going forward they are the Little Rock Trojans.

(I did not think this need a new thread so I just dumped it in here)

Arkansas Little Rock beat SMU in 2012. :(
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony147 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:16 pm

ponyscott wrote:
gostangs wrote:There is no doubt that Keith thinks Keith is going to be playing in the fall. I hope he is right. would be a great come back story. I like how Larry sticks with his guys.

Case in point..I keep up with the Bernardi's and SMU contacted Brian to play with some SMU kids in Europe this summer. Their family still love SMU and what they did and still do for Brian. He had a good year at Hofstra btw.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 12m12 minutes ago
If there's five better shooters than Brian Bernardi in all of college basketball, I'd like to see em. Textbook form. Made 95 3's last year.

A little OT, but just wanted to leave this here
"[College] referees couldn't manage a White Castle." -Mark Cuban
Pony147
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:52 pm

Here's a free report on the predicted starting line up from the Rivals crew. Interesting that Adam and another writer have Sed in the starting lineup. While I don't think he'll start, I believe Sed is going to be pleasant surprise. He has handles, can shoot and can penetrate. LB is going to have so many options with this squad.

https://smu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1750889
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby No Quarter » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:12 am

Need to start this thread over since we know KF is available!

Probably there will be a couple of new threads on the same subject before the first game. It was never really clear to me whether his ineligibility was because of then current problems or something in the past but either way I am happy for him and for the team. It is going to be interesting to see how the playing time is allotted.

I do hope that with this announcement any NCAA action will be very minimal.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:04 am

Pony147 wrote:
ponyscott wrote:
gostangs wrote:There is no doubt that Keith thinks Keith is going to be playing in the fall. I hope he is right. would be a great come back story. I like how Larry sticks with his guys.

Case in point..I keep up with the Bernardi's and SMU contacted Brian to play with some SMU kids in Europe this summer. Their family still love SMU and what they did and still do for Brian. He had a good year at Hofstra btw.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 12m12 minutes ago
If there's five better shooters than Brian Bernardi in all of college basketball, I'd like to see em. Textbook form. Made 95 3's last year.

A little OT, but just wanted to leave this here

Wish he hadn't decided to leave. Kid could fill it.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smusportspage » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:05 am

Agree.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:46 am

Can't remember- did LB tell Bernardi to look around when he took the job, or did Bernardi decide to leave on his own?
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball