PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Lineup

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Lineup

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:30 am

I like this.....

@JonRothstein: Hearing @LarryBrownSMU wants to play Duke transfer Semi Ojeleye alongside Markus Kennedy and Jordan Tolbert next season. Can you say WIDE?

I guess LB wants a starting five of Nic, Sterling, Semi, Tolbert and Markus when AAC play rolls around with a bench of KF (if eligible), Ben Moore, Gu, Shake and Sed. My two concerns are scoring with the starting five and big man bench help. The wildcard is Semi. I'm not sure if he is/can be a go to scorer. I can't wait to see him in game action.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Lineup

Postby RGV Pony » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Inside out w MK and Nic then who scores after that?
RGV Pony

Postby PonySnob » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:07 pm

What about Simeon Carter?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby gostangs » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Semi and Tolbert can both score.
gostangs

Postby ojaipony » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:20 pm

Tolbert, MK, and Semi wears out teams and eats up a lot of fouls. Then, go small and run them out of the gym with Shake, Sed, Nic, BMoore.
ojaipony

Postby Pony Boss » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Basketball will be fun this year. As long as we clear the first(second) round I will be happy.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Noticed on the official SMU site that Semi is listed as a Junior...I thought he was able to use his "redshirt" year last spring and this fall and would be a RS Sophomore when he becomes eligible in January?

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-bas ... l-mtt.html
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby The Falcon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:16 pm

You would think that a player that averaged 38.1 pts per game in his senior
season - could hit 15 or 20 in a college game. He once hit 56 pts in a tournament
game. He probably played in a different system so perhaps LB's system would
hold his average down a little. Any way, I'm betting he can score and I am excited
to be there and see it.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:04 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Noticed on the official SMU site that Semi is listed as a Junior...I thought he was able to use his "redshirt" year last spring and this fall and would be a RS Sophomore when he becomes eligible in January?

He has 2 1/2 years eligibility. Not sure how that technically is reflected on a roster since he is between a sophomore and a junior.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby hoopmanx » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:38 pm

I think Nic/sterling/semi/Tolbert/Markus is pretty deep w scoring options. Moving sterling to the 2, makes us big and tough. Tolbert is no joke
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:09 am

that's a big squad
Pony ^

Postby PonyTime » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:01 am

LA_Mustang wrote:I like this.....

@JonRothstein: Hearing @LarryBrownSMU wants to play Duke transfer Semi Ojeleye alongside Markus Kennedy and Jordan Tolbert next season. Can you say WIDE?

I guess LB wants a starting five of Nic, Sterling, Semi, Tolbert and Markus when AAC play rolls around with a bench of KF (if eligible), Ben Moore, Gu, Shake and Sed. My two concerns are scoring with the starting five and big man bench help. The wildcard is Semi. I'm not sure if he is/can be a go to scorer. I can't wait to see him in game action.

Am I reading too much into this if I think that this may mean that KF may NOT be returning.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponywhupp9202 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:33 pm

PonyTime wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:I like this.....

Am I reading too much into this if I think that this may mean that KF may NOT be returning.

If so, I think it would be related to the upcoming sanctions. All indications seem to point to him being on the team. I can't speak to his grades, but I can tell you I saw him every day last week when dropping off or picking up my son from the SMU basketball camp. He was helping with the kids at Moody or just getting there from or leaving to go to class. He seemed very engaged.
ponywhupp9202
Varsity

Postby gostangs » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:38 pm

There is no doubt that Keith thinks Keith is going to be playing in the fall. I hope he is right. would be a great come back story. I like how Larry sticks with his guys.
gostangs

Postby ponyscott » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:00 am

gostangs wrote:There is no doubt that Keith thinks Keith is going to be playing in the fall. I hope he is right. would be a great come back story. I like how Larry sticks with his guys.

Case in point..I keep up with the Bernardi's and SMU contacted Brian to play with some SMU kids in Europe this summer. Their family still love SMU and what they did and still do for Brian. He had a good year at Hofstra btw.
ponyscott

Next

Return to Basketball