PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tiger Nichols May Be on Way Out

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Tiger Nichols May Be on Way Out

Postby hoopmanx » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:48 am

max the wonder dog wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:all I read was dysfunctional staff and failing program. Isn't that what all of this is really about, regardless of what big booster is pulling what strings? It's just not an issue if Pastner was worth a damn.

Dysfunctional staff and failing program is why he left. Advocates in high places is why he got an unconditional release, if NBC is to believed. I don't know if Paul Tudor Jones winked and nodded, but I do know that his winks and nods would get the U of M's attention.

Fair enough, but it shouldn't take a high powered advocate to get an unconditional release. That should be the deal no matter what. Blocking certain transfers is ridiculous.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ender3 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:34 pm

hoopmanx wrote:Fair enough, but it shouldn't take a high powered advocate to get an unconditional release. That should be the deal no matter what. Blocking certain transfers is ridiculous.

Baker Mayfield would agree with you.
Stallion doesn't think I'm a stinkin' genius anymore.
ender3
All-American

Postby max the wonder dog » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:40 pm

To no one's surprise, Nichols has signed with UVA. Sits out 2015-16 and has two years of eligibility.
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball