PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What are our chances?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

What are our chances?

Postby ponyte » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:02 am

On one hand, we are inconsistent, young, and a poor road team. On the other hand, we play better as a team this year and we had one game in which we shut down the 3-pointer.

Who will show up tonight against Nevada? Q has just a few games left in his career. Will he step it up a notch?

I think we play better than our last road trip. I just don't know if playing better will be enough.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: What are our chances?

Postby Corso » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:08 pm

SMU 77
Nevada 69

Bet the rent!
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby The CPC » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:51 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corso:
<B>SMU 77
Nevada 69

Bet the rent!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok Corso, CPC will take some of that action. The rent on CPC's coop runs about $1100 a month and if you email CPC at ThreeWithCPC@AOL.com, I'll let you know where to send the check. Then you should give some thought to a good rehab program to help you break away from whatever hallucinogens prompted this thread. Perhaps the details have slipped your mind, but SMU played Nevada for the 2nd time, 2 weeks ago. The games over, we lost. Perhaps Fresno State will be the ones to "show up" against Nevada, because thats who the Wolfpack plays next.

SMU, meanwhile, is on their way to Boise State. Hopefully they'll show up for the game, TOMORROW. In the mean time you and ponyte should both set down your crack pipes and check the schedule once in awhile, that might clear up some of the confusion.
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby Waz » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:28 pm

Nicely done CPC.
Waz
Junior Varsity

Postby StangEsq » Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:20 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corso:
<B>SMU 77
Nevada 69

Bet the rent!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corso is obviously referring to the likelihood that Nevada slips to #3 and we play them in the first round of the tourney in a 3 vs. 6 matchup.
StangEsq
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:38 am

OldPony lost the bet against Nevada last time. Does this mean I have a chance to bet again on the instant replay?
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Corso » Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:42 pm

Hmmm. Maybe I should have read the schedule more clearly. I meant Boise State.

Or maybe StangEsq is right. Yeah, I meant in the WAC tournament. As far as you know....
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby The CPC » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 pm

<B>Hmmm. Maybe I should have read the schedule more clearly. I meant Boise State.

Or maybe StangEsq is right. Yeah, I meant in the WAC tournament. As far as you know....</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem, CPC will cover that bet, too. Got ya down.
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball