PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

These little piggies went wee wee wee....

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: These little piggies went wee wee wee....

Postby BUS » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:01 pm

What has this word come to - Iran gets to run free to a new bomb and kids pass out fake money while getting a free education to play a game.

Thinking is in short supply these days.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:38 pm

All the Arkansas people are saying the poor kids need a second chance. Forgive them and let life go on. Funny how they speak differently when kids from another school do something similar.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby The Falcon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:29 pm

mrydel wrote:All the Arkansas people are saying the poor kids need a second chance. Forgive them and let life go on. Funny how they speak differently when kids from another school do something similar.

Mrydel - I remember when it was a common joke around Texas that Nolan
Richardson would have to go down to the Fayetteville jail just before game time
in order to have enough players for the game. Of course I never believed that, did you?
The Falcon
All-American

Postby Pony81 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:38 pm

These guys put their foot in it. Passing fake money is a federal crime so they won't be seeing the bball court anytime soon. Their careers are over.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby PoconoPony » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Arkpony wrote:There has been an on-going counterfeit bill investigation in that area of Arkansas for some time. The authorities were on he lookout. This idiots passed $20 bills on seperate days at different locations. As Mrydel pointed out, the most idiotic person is the clerk who gave them 3 good $100 bills for 6 phony $50 bills.

This is a Federal charge and Secret Service takes this counterfeit business seriously. Feds are not so inclined to

They will be given a second chance at playing of course, as they are Basically Good Guys, and have learned the error of their ways. PLAY BALL!

This is a Federal charge and Secret Service takes this counterfeit business seriously. Feds are not so inclined to be lenient in such matters.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyte » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:31 pm

One has to give them credit. Normally college athlete crimes are more traditional like assault, rape, robbery, stoned out of their skulls naked in other people's yard and so forth. These guys took on a major crime above and beyond the usual.
ponyte

Postby No Quarter » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Most people who read this board are probably familiar with the story.

The 1988 Dallas Carter HS football team won the 4A championship and had the title stripped because of legal issues about ineligible players. Then several Carter students were convicted of felonies and went to prison, including six football players. IIRC the book Friday Night Lights although a summary of the Permian season that ended with a loss to Carter, discusses the incident and was the basis of a film and TV series. There is also a book about the Carter side of the issue which I have not read, and film is said to be on the way (may be out now, I don't know).

If the report is true it looks like the Razorback players are in a lot more hurt.

I imagine that we will see at least one book on the subject,
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby ponyte » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:03 pm

Dare i say it, these former players are gonna have more butt-hurt then any NTSU fan on their board ever had.
ponyte

Previous

Return to Basketball