PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tonight at Moody

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tonight at Moody

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:40 pm

should be some great HS basketball. At 7pm its SOC vs Lancaster. If you love up and down basketball this game is for you. SOC is loaded with athletes and Lancaster put up 103 points last night vs Nacogdoches. IMO these are two of the three best teams in 4A, along with FW Dunbar. The nightcap is Kimball vs Waxahachie. Kimball is lead by one of the best players in the area, Acie Law IV. You never know, there could be a couple of future Ponies playing in these games.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Tonight at Moody

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:45 pm

was thinking about heading to Moody for that myself LA. Havent seen Lancaster play in a while, interested in Kortney Smith.
Hoop Fan

Re: Tonight at Moody

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:12 am

HF, I saw both games Friday night but missed tonight’s Regional Final. The SOC/Lancaster game was terrific. Defensively, SOC is as good as I have seen from a high school team. They contest every shot and they are very athletic. Lancaster had a great backcourt in Kortney Smith and #3 (don’t know his name but I thought he was a better player than Smith) I thought Lancaster was the more talented team but SOC seemed like they wanted the game more....and IMO they were the better coached team. Same with Kimball, they were very well coached and have one of the best players I have seen this year, Acie Law IV (Texas A&M). The Aggies got a good one with this kid. Rivals has him listed as a 3 star (which I think is low) PG but he is more of a shooting guard. The talent in DISD and the Dallas area this year along with last year proves that North Texas has become a HS basketball hotbed.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Return to Basketball