PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Where will Q finish?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Where will Q finish?

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:07 pm

With 1,670 career points, Quinton Ross moved past Larry Davis and is now 6th on SMU's all-time scoring list. His next target is Ira Terrell, who had 1,715 pts as a Mustang. With at least 3 games to play, it's almost a lock that Q will pass I.T., but will he pass Jim Krebs, who currently holds down the #4 spot with 1,753 pts? Can Ross and the Mustangs catch fire and make a run for the WAC Tourney title allowing Quinton to approach Jon Koncak at #3 with 1,784 pts?

I've got a feeling Q and the Ponies will light it up coming down the home stretch and he will pass Jim Krebs before he's done. To do so, I'm predicting Q will average 21 pts/game and will play in at least 4 more games as a Mustang. Sure hope I'm right. Anyone else??? This would have made a good poll question.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Where will Q finish?

Postby RI Stang » Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:22 pm

I agree...Q's best is still to come.

But, my question is this - do postseason games count? I didn't think they did, but hopefully I'm wrong.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:47 am

WAC Tourney games will count, but with only 10 pts tonight (5 minutes left), Q may do well to catch I.T.
Charleston Pony

Postby PonyFan » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:20 pm

At the beginning of the season, I noticed that Q had written on the back of his shoes "WAC Champions." After losses to Oral Roberts, Wake Forest and Appalachian State, I thought that was a pipe dream.

Now I'm not so sure. The Ponies won't win the regular season championship, but I'm not sure we can't win the tournament. Seriously. The only team that scares me is Fresno State, but they've had to suspend two starters, haven't they? Hopefully there's enough turmoil in Fresno that the Bulldogs will implode. That, coupled with the Ponies' recent pair of road wins, gives me hope that the team can live up to Q's shoes.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby Nacho » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:26 pm

I think this WAC tournament is as up for grabs as any that I can recall. Probably 5 teams have legitimate shots at it. I would exclude UTEP, SJSU, Boise. La Tech is down but they have shown that they can bounce back.
Nacho

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:00 pm

Congratulations to Q for finishing just ahead of Jim Krebs as the 4th all time leading scorer in SMU history. Hope we see him playing at the next level.
Charleston Pony

Return to Basketball