PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Basketball board is just as active as the football board

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Basketball board is just as active as the football board

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:16 am

Pony Boss wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:I'd love to see a diagram. Regardless of the popularity of football in Texas, your comment "The way it should be.." makes no sense to me either.

In that it's about to be football season and basketball season is months away. The way it should be is more football talk due to preseason and recruiting.

You do know it is an important time for basketball recruiting right?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:29 am

Pony Boss wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:I'd love to see a diagram. Regardless of the popularity of football in Texas, your comment "The way it should be.." makes no sense to me either.

In that it's about to be football season and basketball season is months away. The way it should be is more football talk due to preseason and recruiting.

You realize that in summer, the only thing going on is basketball recruiting on a large scale, right?
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:32 am

Stallion wrote:Rivals is doing a outstanding job with Basketball recruiting but the inside information on SMU football is almost all on Scout now sometimes weeks and months sooner. Adam is clearly a basketball guy-football not so much. Nobody has had the understanding and interest for football recruiting that E.J. had but Billy and his group have really picked up his game. Scout does a great job on basketball too but you got to listen to the weekly audio update and I'm not sure everybody has the patience for that. Things are great now if you have both Scout and Rivals probably better than at anytime for someone following SMU. Competition is good.

He's not a hoops guy, it's just that Dallas runs 3 -5 of the biggest hoops tourneys in the Spring/Summer and national is using Adam as a correspondent. Not to mention his home has proximity to Vegas for the late July circuit. He's put out the best AAU coverage we've ever had around here b/c of it
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:34 am

Pony Boss wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:
Pony Boss wrote:Go to Scout, it's all football out there...almost no basketball to talk about. (The way it should be, in my opinion)

that makes no sense

Texas loves football. SMU is in Texas. Do I need to draw you a diagram?

The world loves hoops far more than football. The USA is located on earth. Texas is located in the USA and Dallas in Texas.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:49 am

I am drawn into an argument of football vs basketball with a guy called hoopmanx... lol
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:03 pm

Pony Boss wrote:I am drawn into an argument of football vs basketball with a guy called hoopmanx... lol

its not an argument, I get your right to love football, I just think its mostly inane. Hey everyone, dress up in ridiculous equipment and gear for 60 minutes of game play that takes 3.5 hrs to actually play, where you get maybe 5 total minutes of action. I have no idea how America finds the time to watch even 1 game a weekend, much less two.Of course, I have the same argument w/people who like to play golf lol
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:22 pm

Pony Boss wrote:I am drawn into an argument of football vs basketball with a guy called hoopmanx... lol

If you're so anti-basketball and you believe all discussions should be about football, why in the world would you come to the basketball board?? It's called trolling. Good job, PB or Big12Mustang or whichever one of the many handles you've posted under.

BTW, I'd still like to see your diagram.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Lol I am not anti basketball, I just prefer football. And come on this [deleted] of thinking everyone is the big 12 mustang is ridiculous.

I have 2 seats at moody fyi
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:37 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:

If you're so anti-basketball and you believe all discussions should be about football, why in the world would you come to the basketball board?? It's called trolling. Good job, PB or Big12Mustang or whichever one of the many handles you've posted under.

BTW, I'd still like to see your diagram.

Pony Boss is not Big12Mustang or PB. Blackoutpony can back me up on that.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball