PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU's Brown Faces 'Lack of Coach Control' Charge

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU's Brown Faces 'Lack of Coach Control' Charge

Postby smupony94 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:15 pm

smusic 00 wrote:That's greetness.
i missed the phish show and getting hate
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:53 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:
gostangs wrote:insiders don't know either. NCAA is on their own time frame and we are all waiting.

Come on now. According to several, for only $10 a month you too can have access to NCAA decisions before they even make them and know the commitment schedule of every player before they even go on visits.

Typical ponyfans clown
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby JoeKidd » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:58 am

Man, this article really brought out the engineers, arts majors, psych majors etc. who hate student-athletes at their Universities. There are so many student-athletes who go on to have great none sport careers (and yes plenty that do not) and they add to the diversity of every campus. Just think if there were no student athletes on campus....how boring and lilly white would most of them be. #Jealous
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby couch 'em » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:35 am

JoeKidd wrote:Man, this article really brought out the engineers, arts majors, psych majors etc. who hate student-athletes at their Universities. There are so many student-athletes who go on to have great none sport careers (and yes plenty that do not) and they add to the diversity of every campus. Just think if there were no student athletes on campus....how boring and lilly white would most of them be. #Jealous

is this sarcasm? This whole thread has been about the penalty, hating the ncaa, and ponyfans vs paysite.

Also I have found engineers on the whole typically as pro athlete as the general student body. So few women.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby JoeKidd » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:38 am

couch 'em wrote:
JoeKidd wrote:Man, this article really brought out the engineers, arts majors, psych majors etc. who hate student-athletes at their Universities. There are so many student-athletes who go on to have great none sport careers (and yes plenty that do not) and they add to the diversity of every campus. Just think if there were no student athletes on campus....how boring and lilly white would most of them be. #Jealous

is this sarcasm? This whole thread has been about the penalty, hating the ncaa, and ponyfans vs paysite.

Also I have found engineers on the whole typically as pro athlete as the general student body. So few women.

No knock on engineers, just picked a few majors that came to the top of my head, but here are some examples if you start reading through:

QUIT allowing dummies into college ONLY because they can play a sport. I know it's about money but if ALL schools stopped this illegal habit everything would balance out.

Universities and sports don't belong together.

You gotta think this is a continuation of how they got through high school. Stop the charade.

Is there a school that doesn't break the rules. Most jocks that are interviewed are just above grunting

Let's face it... nearly every major college program in the country is guilty of something. There's no way players like Jamus Winston, who can't even speak English, are legitimately passing classes.

These were just the first few I read....maybe there was more positives further down, but if it wasn't athlete hate it was LB/SMU hate for the most part.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:06 pm

couch 'em wrote:

Also, if you have gone to an engineering class you would notice that they add significantly to the diversity of the student population.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby couch 'em » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:23 pm

JoeKidd wrote:
couch 'em wrote:

No knock on engineers, just picked a few majors that came to the top of my head, but here are some examples if you start reading through:

QUIT allowing dummies into college ONLY because they can play a sport. I know it's about money but if ALL schools stopped this illegal habit everything would balance out.

Universities and sports don't belong together.

You gotta think this is a continuation of how they got through high school. Stop the charade.

Is there a school that doesn't break the rules. Most jocks that are interviewed are just above grunting

Let's face it... nearly every major college program in the country is guilty of something. There's no way players like Jamus Winston, who can't even speak English, are legitimately passing classes.

These were just the first few I read....maybe there was more positives further down, but if it wasn't athlete hate it was LB/SMU hate for the most part.

I didn't realize you were talking about article comments. Thought you were talking about ponyfans comments. Was very confused.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby GreenbeltPony » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:47 pm

couch 'em wrote:

Those few women are typically pro-athlete as well. In fact, Lyle students actually show a lot of support for athletics. The upcoming alumni event in Dallas will have the Chad as a special guest.
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

Postby Treadway21 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:01 pm

smupony94 wrote:I'm getting text messages from the 2% SMU crowd about this

What do your 68 Twitter followers think?
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby smupony94 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:15 pm

they are all spambots
smupony94

Postby SMU89 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:48 pm

Stallion wrote:there is such as easy joke there related to Watergate and inside sources but I'm going to pass so SMU won't put me on probation like TCU did with their student

Deep Throat = Stallion
SMU89

Postby Stallion » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:08 pm

Don't tell 94-he's kinda jealous like that
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:24 pm

Yeah
RGV Pony

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:25 pm

89wtfubeen
RGV Pony