PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Keith IS eligible for next season!!!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Keith IS eligible for next season!!!

Postby whitwiki » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:49 am

SMUstangs22 wrote:
whitwiki wrote:My eyes are on Tolbert

Homosexual

He moves like jagger
whitwiki
Heisman

Postby Junior » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:19 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:
whitwiki wrote:My eyes are on Tolbert

Homosexual

nttawwt
Derail the Frogs!
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ojaipony » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:15 pm

I think we start both Keith and Sterling. See how it goes. There may be times, depending on game situations, where one is better to come off the bench than the other. The X factor, IMHO, is Semi. Will he be the stud we all hope or will he be just "ok" (he hasn't played many meaningful college bball minutes - he will need plenty of game experience IMHO).

Starting lineup at the beginning of the season:

Moore
Keeeith
Sterling
Tolbert
MK

Subs:
Barefield
Shake
Gu
Semi
B Moore

(we could have REALLY used Simeon Carter for bigs depth - ANY decent big actually).
ojaipony

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Dont forget Jarrey
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:41 am

ojaipony wrote:I think we start both Keith and Sterling. See how it goes. There may be times, depending on game situations, where one is better to come off the bench than the other. The X factor, IMHO, is Semi. Will he be the stud we all hope or will he be just "ok" (he hasn't played many meaningful college bball minutes - he will need plenty of game experience IMHO).

Moore
Keeeith
Sterling
Tolbert
MK

Subs:
Barefield
Shake
Gu
Semi
B Moore

That's a good guess. I think Keith gets a good look until Semi is eligible. By then LB has a good idea what to expect from Keith. If he's playing well then Semi and Ben come off the bench together about ten minutes in. If Keith isn't getting it done then either Ben E, Ben M or Semi get a look starting.

Anyway you slice it there seems to be an endless array of options.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:22 am

sadderbudweiser wrote: Anyway you slice it there seems to be an endless array of options.

Something to which we are not accustomed.
Bergermeister

Postby SMUstangs22 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:32 am

Dont get used to it. Next year I is what I am concerned about.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby Ponyneighbor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:54 am

SMUstangs22 wrote:Dont get used to it. Next year I is what I am concerned about.

All depends on this year's recruiting class. With the two freshman point guards, Sterling, Ben, Semi and possibly Keith all back, that's a solid (though not spectacular) nucleus. If we could supplement that with a couple of elite recruits, we'll be fine. If we strike out on the top recruits like last year, we will take a step back
Ponyneighbor
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUstangs22 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:08 am

Ponyneighbor wrote:
SMUstangs22 wrote:Dont get used to it. Next year I is what I am concerned about.

All depends on this year's recruiting class. With the two freshman point guards, Sterling, Ben, Semi and possibly Keith all back, that's a solid (though not spectacular) nucleus. If we could supplement that with a couple of elite recruits, we'll be fine. If we strike out on the top recruits like last year, we will take a step back

I agree. However what worries me is not our gaurds, it is our post play. After this year we will only have Ben M and Semi as "posts". I put that in quotations because I personally believe they play better asa wing/3 type. By no means is that an ideal group. So in my book we will be heavily relying on freshmen (whomever) and that worries me. We need a true banger IMO and that isnt easy to find if your criteria is he can start from day one.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:11 am

I don't understand this concern. You must not think much about this year's incoming class - Sed, Shake, Jarrey and Semi, which is considered one of our best ever. Losing Nic and MK will definitely hurt but you've got to have faith in the young guys. All major programs lose great players, but then they reload. We also have the 2016 class where we are in on several high major prospects.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby ojaipony » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:22 am

sadderbudweiser wrote:
ojaipony wrote:I think we start both Keith and Sterling. See how it goes. There may be times, depending on game situations, where one is better to come off the bench than the other. The X factor, IMHO, is Semi. Will he be the stud we all hope or will he be just "ok" (he hasn't played many meaningful college bball minutes - he will need plenty of game experience IMHO).

Moore
Keeeith
Sterling
Tolbert
MK

Subs:
Barefield
Shake
Gu
Semi
B Moore

That's a good guess. I think Keith gets a good look until Semi is eligible. By then LB has a good idea what to expect from Keith. If he's playing well then Semi and Ben come off the bench together about ten minutes in. If Keith isn't getting it done then either Ben E, Ben M or Semi get a look starting.

Anyway you slice it there seems to be an endless array of options.

I forgot about Jarrey and BenE. I assume Jarrey will be brought in slowly due to his injury? And I'm going off BenE's performance last year - the kid is big/strong and seems to be a good defender but doesn't bring any offense really but that could change this year.
ojaipony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:37 pm

No doubt we'll need some bigs. But when (not if) we have a great year this year we'll more than likely get some hard looks from JC/transfer guys. Besides the fact they'll be joining a rising program, the Hall of Fame coach will have playing time available. That's huge.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby SMUstangs22 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:42 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:

I don't understand this concern. You must not think much about this year's incoming class - Sed, Shake, Jarrey and Semi, which is considered one of our best ever. Losing Nic and MK will definitely hurt but you've got to have faith in the young guys. All major programs lose great players, but then they reload. We also have the 2016 class where we are in on several high major prospects.

Dont get me wrong I think our incoming freshman will be great. I am concerned that after this year our 2 "posts" will be Ben M and Semi. I dont consider them real posts. Id argue they are better at a 3/4. If we dont sign a true banger then we will struggle. One capable of playing decent from day 1
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby whitwiki » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
sadderbudweiser wrote: Anyway you slice it there seems to be an endless array of options.

Something to which we are not accustomed.

whitwiki
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:11 pm

Seems the array is capable of ending.
ponyboy

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball