PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU notes

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU notes

Postby Nacho » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:30 pm

No flame intended but I was wondering if TCU is now officially out of the C-USA tournament. What a bummer for them if so. What a cold, hard slap in the face to not even be allowed to set foot in your own tournament. I wonder what Billy Tubbs thinks of this. Oh well, does anyone know where the C-USA tournament is being held. I would ask on the TCU board but I don't think they want to talk about it.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: TCU notes

Postby ReedFrawg » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:00 pm

Its been a complete meltdown. With only one recruit (who signed very late last year), we just don't have the talent or size to win in CUSA. We played tough against Cincy and Marquette at home, plus we lost several tight games down the strecth, but overall we just lack talent and size - plain and simple. We did basically no recruiting during Tubbs' final 2 years and that's going to hurt us beyond this season. I think the CUSA tourney is at Louisville (could be wrong) and the Froggies have been mathematically eliminated.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby Fresh » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:43 pm

I have heard the Froggies have a top-50 (national) player coming in next year. Unfortunately.
Fresh
Varsity

Postby 50's PONY » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:33 pm

Name please?
50's PONY
Heisman

Postby PX » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 50's PONY:
<B>Name please?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He might have meant Blake Adams. I dont believe Adams was on any top-50 lists, but he was on more than a few top-100s.
PX
Varsity

Return to Basketball