PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

say again now

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

say again now

Postby simpson » Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:54 pm

Ok, for tonight's games, I figure we want Fresno State to beat Tulsa. How about Nevada/Rice? I'm I right in thinking that we want Rice to win that one?
simpson

Re: say again now

Postby Hoofprint » Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:47 pm

Did everyone see the prayer Swanson threw in last night at the buzzer (banked in a 3 as the game ended) to beat Fresno?

Does this mean we can't get the top seed going into the tournament?
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby TUfan » Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:50 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hoofprint:
<B>Did everyone see the prayer Swanson threw in last night at the buzzer (banked in a 3 as the game ended) to beat Fresno?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was very similar to the one that he made at the end of the SMU game in Dallas for those of you who didn't see it last night. Over a defender, falling backwards. BTW-- apparently the refs called a foul on the play, so even if the ball didn't go in, he would have had 3 FT shots.
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Postby The CPC » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:29 pm

Yes, this does mean we cant get the top seed. The winner of the Nevada/Tulsa game on Saturday will be the top seed, regardless of the outcome of other games. There is a scenario where we could still be #2.
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby TUfan » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:04 pm

For those of you wondering, I believe this is the scenario CPC is talking about-- If Nevada, Rice, and SMU tie-- Nevada 2-2, SMU 3-1, Rice 1-3-- SMU wins the tie breaker.

If Tulsa, SMU and Rice tie, Tulsa would win the tie breaker. (composite records: TU 3-1, Rice 0-4, SMU 3-1-- eliminates Rice-- go to comparing vs #1 team (Fresno)-- Tulsa 1-1, SMU 0-2...tie breaker Tulsa.

If Tulsa and SMU tie, Tulsa will win the tie breaker. Head to head is a tie, so compare vs. the top team (Fresno). Tulsa split, SMU went 0-2.

Probably more than you wanted to know...
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball