PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cincy arena renovation campaign starts

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cincy arena renovation campaign starts

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:12 am

mrydel wrote:So they decided the 5th 3rd bank was better than the 3rd 5th bank I guess.

This is why I come to PFs before I head off to sleep.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby UCincinnati » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:28 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:
skyscraper wrote:I was surprised to see the building was built relatively recently - late 1980s - because the awkward configuration you see on TV made it feel like it's been adapted and modified over many decades.
It definitely needs a major overhaul.

Oh the stadium is in awful shape. Needs a renovation badly. Plus it serves as a multi-purpose arena, one of the old school stadiums and it wasn't done right from the beginning. Some of that 85 mil I'm sure is due to the multi-purpose nature of the building, such as holding hockey games.

It was one of those arenas that was built at the wrong time, it was essentially out of date the moment it was built. The arena will drop from 13,176 to around 12,000 seats and become one of the premiere on campus facilities in the country. I believe the Armory Fieldhouse where UC played basketball in the 60's could be renovated soon as well to house some other purposes like volleyball, graduations?, etc..
UCincinnati
Junior Varsity

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Good to see...Cincy is a good program and needs a first rate facility. If we end up in different conferences in 5 or 10 years I hope we keep them and UConn on as OOC games
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby No Quarter » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:26 am

Don't know how many Fifth Third locations there are outside Ohio but we have several in the Atanta area.
No Quarter
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball