PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

return to glory

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

return to glory

Postby joey bag of donuts » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:02 pm

jonathoncorey500 certainly has been the straw that stirs the drink lately. whether or not you agree dement is a good coach, shckled by poor fans or a poor administration one piece of the puzzle remains. John Koncack. A "Cack" prototype could propel this program into "legendary" status. On another note, football related, did Mark Buynoski sign with SMU...Anybody hear about Cliff "quick cat" Harrison as a defensive line recruit. This could be the breakthru recruiting class, especially if Paul Williams commits.
joey bag of donuts
Recruit

Re: return to glory

Postby PonyTales » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:31 pm

Who are Mark Buynoski, Cliff Harrison and Paul Williams?
Never heard of them. Can you provide position, size, high school, speed, stats ????
Thanks
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:01 am

Buynoski is an absolute physical specimin out of Ukraine (sp?). (That's probably why you haven't heard of him.) Reports have him at 6'5" 230 - solid physique. He's actually in the Ukranian Olympic development program for the javelin throw.

He spent his childhood in the US (Montana of all places), but moved back to the Ukraine with his parents when he was like 13 or something.

Apparantly, he has never even played football, but coaches nationwide are salivating when they see him throw a football. From what I've read, he has a smooth, almost slow-appearing motion, but he kind of flicks the ball, and it leaves his hand at an alarming speed.

The word "ungodly talent" keeps coming up.

Mel Kiper Jr. was practically jacking off over the guy.

Apparently, Buynoski also has this little saying about the flick of his wrists. He is also an exceptional basketball player, and when his team gets down, apparantly he always says:

"with a flick of my wrists we'll be back in it, because I'm pissed."

Dude, I'm not vouching for this guy's ability. It sounds like a risk to be recruiting someone who's never played football before, but if nothing else, he'll be a stellar javelin thrower.

You've got to think that with his athleticism, they'll find somewhere on the football field to put him.

However, I'm hesitant to buy into the hype.

I've never heard of Harrison, and I only faintly remember hearing about Paul Williams. I think Williams is a DB or something. Don't quote me.

I'm out

Postby StangEsq » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:10 am

What a coincidence! All three of these guys and I are going snipe hunting next week in some swampland that I own in Nebraska (it's for sale, by the way) next week. If anyone wants to come along, let me know.
StangEsq
Heisman

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:47 am

LoL...seriously, someone please clarify this thread.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby The CPC » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:37 am

Perhaps CPC could be of some assistance here, UNF. On the subject of clarity, it should be abundantly clear to all that the person posting as jonathancoreybagofdonuts is not only schizo, he's in desperate need of a dictionary. It looks like the letter "K" sends his brain into some kind of dyslexic fit. Try these, for the correct spellings of some names you've butchered recently Mr. donut: Jon Koncak, Mike Krzyzewski, and Gene Keady. Looks like "Ukraine" may have given him some trouble, as well.

As for the the phony recruits and legends in the making and so forth, by now it ought to be clear this is just a guy trying to pull your chain. The real explanation is that the Mustang Maniac board doesnt reach a very large target audience anymore, and for some people its not any fun to be annoying unless you do it to lots of people at once, so they are starting to migrate over here.

[This message has been edited by The CPC (edited 03-07-2003).]
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby joey bag of donuts » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:21 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The CPC:
<B>Perhaps CPC could be of some assistance here, UNF. On the subject of clarity, it should be abundantly clear to all that the person posting as jonathancoreybagofdonuts is not only schizo, he's in desperate need of a dictionary. It looks like the letter "K" sends his brain into some kind of dyslexic fit. Try these, for the correct spellings of some names you've butchered recently Mr. donut: Jon Koncak, Mike Krzyzewski, and Gene Keady. Looks like "Ukraine" may have given him some trouble, as well.

As for the the phony recruits and legends in the making and so forth, by now it ought to be clear this is just a guy trying to pull your chain. The real explanation is that the Mustang Maniac board doesnt reach a very large target audience anymore, and for some people its not any fun to be annoying unless you do it to lots of people at once, so they are starting to migrate over here.

[This message has been edited by The CPC (edited 03-07-2003).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good work CPC, you are a current day Woodward and Bernstein.
joey bag of donuts
Recruit

Return to Basketball