PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2015 Mob Requirements

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

2015 Mob Requirements

Postby SMU15 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:27 am

The new Mob requirements for 2015 were just announced. First game to earn points was the VB game at 11am this morning.I like the fact that I start out with 40 points. :lol:
http://www.smumustangs.com/themob

2015 Mob Point System
A student will need to earn a minimum of 200 points during the fall sport season to be eligible to join the Mob. The Top 500 (plus ties) students after the October 31st football game vs. Tulsa will be eligible to join the Mob.

Point Breakdown (example)
Attending a FB game - 30 points
All 30 points will come from swiping into the game with your student ID.
Attending MSOC, WSOC, VB - 10 points
You can check in on the Varsity app at ALL Olympic sports contests. Select games from each sport will be worth double points. Those dates will be communicated during the season.
2014-15 Mob members will start the fall with 30 points towards eligibility.
Students who have been a member of the Mob for two years will start with 40 points.
Additional opportunities to earn points may be added, including check-outs at certain events.

Point Opportunities
Football
Points Availabe: 150 (5 games)
Men's Soccer
Points Availabe: 130 (9 regular matches, 2 double-point matches)
Women's Soccer
130 (9 regular matches, 2 double-point matches)
Volleyball
170 (9 regular matches, 4 double-point matches )
TOTAL: 580 Available Points

Mob Selection
On Monday, November 2nd the top 500 students will be emailed a link to purchase a Mob membership or as students become eligible if 200 points are reached prior to the Tulsa football game on October 31st. He/she will have 48 hours to purchase. If he/she doesn't, we will move down the leaderboard list until we fill 500 spots.

The Mob Details
Cost - 79.00
$54.00 - Mob account
$25.00 - Mustang Club Donation

Mustang Club Benefits
Your Mob Mustang Club donation allows you to begin accumulating Mustang Club priority points as a student. These points will help determine eligibility for basketball and football season ticket purchases once you have graduated. You will already have established priority ranking and this will give you a leg up on your classmates who are not participating. Once you are an alum, it's all about the points and the donation level!
2 priority points per $25 given
5 priority points per year of giving

Men's Basketball Student Tickets
All student tickets, except Section 112, will be distributed online through Ticketmaster for the 2015-16 Men's Basketball season.
Tickets in Section 112 will be distributed to Mob members at the Ford Stadium Ticket Office on select Mondays beginning at 7 a.m. These tickets are first come, first served. (See campout rules).
All Mob tickets outside of Section 112 can be claimed online through the Varsity app/Ticketmaster. The remaining tickets will be GA within Sections 100, 101, 108 and 115.
Sections 100, 101, 108, 115 will be first-come, first-served to Mob members with electronic tickets on gamedays.
All other students can claim GA student tickets online on Tuesdays starting at 7 a.m.
About 100 + tickets available for general Students including SROs.
All Mob tickets not picked up on Monday will be made available to student-athletes and general students.
"And as long as they're keeping score, there will always be people who try to do everything they can to put up more points than the other guy." -Brent Musberger
SMU15
Varsity

Re: 2015 Mob Requirements

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:48 am

I like how it integrates MC points into the system. Get em started young.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:50 am

Interesting. Thanks for posting.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Cort » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:21 pm

hopefully this year we can get some students in the stands that will actually cheer. Last year was big drop-off from first year. AAC champs and we probably only had a handful of games that were a awesome atmosphere. Get the right fans in the stands
Cort
Junior Varsity

Postby RyanSMU98 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:43 pm

Cort wrote:hopefully this year we can get some students in the stands that will actually cheer. Last year was big drop-off from first year. AAC champs and we probably only had a handful of games that were a awesome atmosphere. Get the right fans in the stands

Everyone last year was complaining that the frats got locked out; hopefully they get off their asses this year and accumulate some points if that is what we are defining as the "right fans". No reason whatsoever that kids who are loud can't start being loud during football season and carry that intensity into Moody
"I don't think anyone around the country has any idea how good we are going to be." - Coach Justin Stepp

GO MUSTANGS!!!!
RyanSMU98
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:48 pm

Correct-either get on board or get left out. I love it. Its called leveraging supply and demand
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Cort wrote: Last year was big drop-off from first year.

HUGE
Bergermeister

Postby untitled » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:03 pm

I do wish we could figure out how to require students to actually stick around for the majority of the football games. Looks like they can just swipe their IDs and then turn back around and head to Barley.
untitled
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Didn't those hundred or so kids that stayed around for a 4th quarter blowout last year get Super-delegate bonus points-that's how you do it. I'd do all kinds of things like that if I were AD to screw with the typical SMU [deleted] fan and reward the die-hard SMU fans. I'd give away bonus points for attending away games too.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Stallion wrote:Didn't those hundred or so kids that stayed around for a 4th quarter blowout last year get Super-delegate bonus points-that's how you do it. I'd do all kinds of things like that if I were AD to screw with the typical SMU [deleted] fan and reward the die-hard SMU fans.

Yes. If they would let me, I'd come onboard and coordinate that program. It can work....
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby KWhiz77 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:21 pm

untitled wrote:I do wish we could figure out how to require students to actually stick around for the majority of the football games. Looks like they can just swipe their IDs and then turn back around and head to Barley.

I hope we can get them to the game. Already hearing complaints about the new tailgate drink limits. (from fraternity...)
KWhiz77
Junior Varsity

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:22 pm

untitled wrote:I do wish we could figure out how to require students to actually stick around for the majority of the football games. Looks like they can just swipe their IDs and then turn back around and head to Barley.

I think this is what they mean by checkouts. I assumed that meant they can swipe again as they leave.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyTime » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:41 pm

The Lobster (ramon) has officially graduated from Masters degree and stared work. Heard he tried to hand down the suit for someone to carry on tradition, but no-one would take him up on it.

Too bad. Hope the new crew can be just as creative...

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:46 pm

PonyTime wrote:The Lobster (ramon) has officially graduated from Masters degree and stared work. Heard he tried to hand down the suit for someone to carry on tradition, but no-one would take him up on it.

Too bad. Hope the new crew can be just as creative...

This shocks me. I thought someone would have loved the opportunity
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Cort wrote:hopefully this year we can get some adults in the stands that will actually cheer. Last year was big drop-off from first year. AAC champs and we probably only had a handful of games that were a awesome atmosphere. Get the right fans in the stands

Fify.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Next

Return to Basketball