PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2015 Mob Requirements

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 2015 Mob Requirements

Postby skyscraper » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:17 pm

Can we let all the frats know about this now so we can all save ourselves from months of complaining during bball.
Also, can everyone on here accept that the SMU vs Brown game in a few months will not be like an SMU vs Louisville or UCONN game.
Yes, there was a drop off in the Mob last season. But there were also some extreme expectations that we'd be at level 10 for games vs no-name bball schools in early December.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PerunasHoof » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:20 pm

skyscraper wrote:Can we let all the frats know about this now so we can all save ourselves from months of complaining during bball.
Also, can everyone on here accept that the SMU vs Brown game in a few months will not be like an SMU vs Louisville or UCONN game.
Yes, there was a drop off in the Mob last season. But there were also some extreme expectations that we'd be at level 10 for games vs no-name bball schools in early December.

I, for one, am looking forward to the endless litany of complains. The Moody "Mausoleum", the empty red seats, the late arrivals, lack of juice boxes (that has been remedied), the music is too loud, the music is too quiet, the video isn't as good as 2013, we finally have beer but now I want some random brewery in Texas to be on the menu, etc.

Haha, actually, I am just ready for both seasons to already be here!
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:06 pm

I like it. Sounds like a plan to identify the most ardent student fans. I like the idea of "check out" points for those who stay for the entire game...especially for football games
Charleston Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:26 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:
skyscraper wrote:Can we let all the frats know about this now so we can all save ourselves from months of complaining during bball.

I, for one, am looking forward to the endless litany of complains. The Moody "Mausoleum", the empty red seats, the late arrivals, lack of juice boxes (that has been remedied), the music is too loud, the music is too quiet, the video isn't as good as 2013, we finally have beer but now I want some random brewery in Texas to be on the menu, etc.

I, for one, prefer in-season complaining to pre-season complaining.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Why would they make soccer near as much as football?? They should get the 200 by going to every football game and that's it.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Pony Boss wrote:Why would they make soccer near as much as football?? They should get the 200 by going to every football game and that's it.

Soccer is worth 1/3 as much as football. That is near as much?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:24 pm

I posted this in a football thread but want to post it here too....

Tonight I was in line for free In-N-Out at the football scrimmage and the group of students behind me were talking about getting points for the mob. I overheard one girl say she was coming to all of the football games so she could go to the basketball games. She said "I can't wait to go to a game at Moody!" They were trying to figure out the check in app so I guess they got credit for attending the practice tonight. Pretty cool.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Stallion » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:37 pm

...and that's what its all about-using leverage of basketball to stimulate football attendance.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:19 pm

It should be at least 5 football games scanned at the beginning of each quarter and the final whistle to get in the Mob - and I say that as one of the biggest "other sports" fans...
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby smusic 00 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:21 am

PerunasHoof wrote:

Love this, hoof! 24 months of bball board summed up nicely.
smusic 00

Postby SMUstangs22 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:29 am

smusic 00 wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:

Love this, hoof! 24 months of bball board summed up nicely.

Dont forget blaining Turner. Dont know what for yet but it will happen
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:12 am

Are they going to give out clear bags to be taken into Moody as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:40 am

PonySnob wrote:Are they going to give out clear bags to be taken into Moody as well?

Hopefully the Moody clear bags will be different so we don't get them confused with the Ford clear bags.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby couch 'em » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:23 pm

Juice box was a request not a complaint. My kids call them "Rick Harts" ala Shirley Temples
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby mrydel » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:37 pm

couch 'em wrote:Juice box was a request not a complaint. My kids call them "Rick Harts" ala Shirley Temples

I look at that as one of the quickest reactions to a request made in the history of SMU athletics. Did you do anything more than mention it on PFs?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball