PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

jc500's legitimacy cannot be challenged

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: jc500's legitimacy cannot be challenged

Postby PX » Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:36 am

I should add one more thing. SMU never beat Virginia. In fact, has never played the Univ. of Virginia in mens basketball. I know the media guide and other sources list a victory over Virginia at the San Juan Shootout in 2000, but that was actually Virginia Commonwealth, not UVA.
Dont get me started about the media guide, some of the inaccuracies are mind boggling. The womens media guide is worse. Eventually, no one will remember what actually happened, and the lies become official SMU history. I guess thats about par for course.
PX
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:20 pm

As one who wrote for the DC back in the stone age, I can state authoritatively that being a writer for the DC does not per se make you a journalist, or even a good writer. At 20 years old your "cr@p-detector, isn't well honed. When do you know whether a coach is blowing smoke up you know where or when he is being straight with you? These come with experience and the DC is where you begin to learn those skills. I remember interviewing Coach Meyer when he arrived. He was a great guy. After Coach Smith got us on probation for paying players, I asked Coach Meyer whether he felt we could run a clean program. He said absolutely. We all know the history.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby jc500 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:28 pm

Gents,

It's clear that everyone on this board is simply incapable of discussion at my high level. In addition, no one is willing to offer any credentials to back up their positions.

My display of superiority has bred a lot of responses - most, no doubt, based on a desire to impress me, some based on a desire supplant my greatness. All of you, of course, have failed miserably.

With that in mind, this topic has officially become unrewarding for my gifted mind. I have only skimmed the responses that came after my EPIC post last night. When I came across "the informant"'s revelation that he is "Kaizeer Sose," all of his credibility was thoroughly decimated.

Because we are still unclear about informant's real identity, I must say this:
If he indeed has some decision-making role with the Men's Hoops program, then there can be no question as to why the program is in such desperate trouble.

Credibility comes through honesty alone. Informant is a pathetic individual.

I'm out
jc500
Recruit

Postby BTPony » Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:54 pm

JC500-
Ever considered bullet points?

I see a win-win situation!
1) You limit the "valuable" time spent conveying your "superior" knowledge.
2) We have fewer pages of your BS to weed through.

Now that a thoughtful suggestion.

Go Ponies! Go AWAY JC500!!
BTPony
Recruit

Postby No Cal Pony » Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:50 am

I've thought, along with PX, that this thread was some joke. While I admire the desire to aid our athletic programs (bball in particular) jc500 is out of control.

Simply put, you have no legitimacy. Anyone reasonably close to the program knows your thoughts are generally a joke. Dement is a good man and a decent coach, but that's where it ends. He will not take SMU, or any other program, to a higher level. His problems here are many, one of which is the simple fact he is not a genuis, as jc500 would like to believe.

Can't we just ignore this thread. Enough is enough. I love my Ponies, but can't stand this nonsense any longer.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:19 pm

Mike Dement EASILY would have turned this program around by now if he was playing under the same rules as Billy Tubbs, Dave Bliss and every other coach in Texas except for Willis Wilson. There is not a doubt in my mind-if his reputation hasn't been damaged by the coaching graveyard that is SMU athletics and he gets another job in the future he will take them to the Dance if he is on an even playing field. In fact, my prediction is that someday Mike Dement just might tell SMU good-bye before he is fired by SMU.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby EastStang » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:57 pm

Stallion, you're probably right. When the Capitals fired Ron Wilson last year, it was not because he was a bad coach, but because the players were tuning him out. Given PX's comments it may be that the players are just not listening to him. It isn't entirely his fault, but sometimes it takes a new face to shake things up. That having been said, if the Ponies run the WAC tourney and pull off an upset at the dance, Coach Dement might become a hot property for a school like Georgia or Virginia Tech which are looking.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby NCPony » Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:04 pm

Maybe if Dement goes to one of those other programs (which I doubt) SMU can get Matt Doherty once UNC dumps him (barring a run in the ACC tourney).
NCPony

Postby Horseshoe » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:54 pm

The last thing I want to do is fan the flames here, but let's review some of jc500's so-called "thoughts":

• "Might ought," while not the most artful phrase, is a perfectly acceptable phrase in the english language.
Let's just say there's a huge difference between a phrase being acceptable and correct (look it up -- I'm not going to waste everyone's time with an explanation here). And while you're educating us on the English language, you might note that languages start with a capital letter. Perhaps this is splitting hairs, but if you're going to launch into a tirade about academic and intellectual supriority, you might want to avoid messing up things that are taught in elementary school.

• "Given that Mike Dement is an AMAZING coach..."
What's that idea based on? His one postseason game (a first-round NIT loss to Southwest Missouri State)? Or would it be his 4-6 record in the conference tournament (including three straight first-round exits)? Don't get me wrong -- I like Dement and think he's a capable coach. But he hasn't proven anything yet. I think he does have the ability, but based on his performance thus far, calling him "amazing" makes you sound like part of the Dement, or perhaps his agent.

• "Once again, you have failed to understand and react accordingly to the vastness at which my mind operates .... "
This babble isn't even worth responding to, other than to point out that jc5oo doesn't know the difference between the words "mind" and "ego."

• "hesitantcy .... "
Is that like "hesitancy?" Or perhaps "hesitance?" Surely someone of your superior intellect would know that "hesitantcy" is not a word. And you're much to smart than to write anything that's not perfectly accurate, right?

• "I know Tom Nabbity personally .... "
Of course you do. That's why it's so funny that you wrote his last name with two "B"s -- even though he only spells it with one. Good one!

• "It's clear that everyone on this board is simply incapable of discussion at my high level"
On the contrary, what's clear is that everyone on this board is annoyed with your arrogance and your attitude. I should be scolded for even responding.

• Incidentally, to say that PX doesn't know anything about SMU hoops is nothing short of moronic.
No, he's not on the coaching staff or a player on the team, but he does attend more practices than anyone not on the team, and he's as faithful a fan as anyone in the SMU. Had you gone to practices, as you claim, I guarantee you would have seen him there more often than not.
And I bet he knows Tom's last name.

I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech, and I've often said that everyone's opinion is welcome on this board, because we all have a right to voice our opinions, whether they are right or wrong. However, in jc500's case, the opinions are neither funny nor interesting nor informative.

I can only echo PX's instruction to come back when you grow up and have something worth reading, or BTPony's suggestion: JUST GO AWAY.
Horseshoe
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball