PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

recruits for next season equal NCAA tourney bid

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

recruits for next season equal NCAA tourney bid

Postby tron911 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:45 pm

One of my homeboys told me that the recruiting class for next season is going to be off the hizzie. Apparently, we got this new Russian point guard, Vladmir Vlanchtekeo, coming in who is going to break if off something proper. He is a 5'9, 216 lb waterbug who played on the Russian Jr. Olympic team -- a team which finished 6th in junior national Olympics. Also, my source told me that Mike Fratello's (the Czar)youngest son may be signed by the Ponies for next year. Apparently, this G can straight up ball. He is a 6'2 1/2 center, which is a bit undersized, but he plays with some real heart and he ain't afraid to get physical in the paint. Last year, in his senior campaign he averaged 7.5 points, 6.2 bounds, and nearly 2 caps per game, entitling him to a share of third-team all-city honors in Red Bluff, California's 2A league. More imporantly, however, being the illegitimate son of a legendary coach, the boy brings mad crazy intangibles to the table. Also, he comes with something that alot of those inner-city thugs lack -- fundamentals, a work-ethic, and intelligence. If these two studs play the way that I expect them to, SMU will be playing in the NCAA tourney next year.
Peace
tron911

Return to Basketball