PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Larry Davis

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Larry Davis

Postby Grider » Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:40 pm

I've seen his name come up a couple of times in the past week on this board. Didn't he end up getting kicked out of school? I remember hearing a story about why, but I would be curious to maybe hear PX or Stallion's version. Wasn't he from Lufkin? Thanks.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Re: Larry Davis

Postby PX » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:08 pm

Larry got caught passing bad checks, if I recall correctly. Someone elses bad checks. I believe the charge was forgery. I dont know if he got kicked out of school for that, it was near the end of his senior year at SMU, so it may be just that he left and didnt come back, rather than being kicked out. Whichever, it was the end for him. I dont think he ever graduated.
PX
Varsity

Postby Ikus » Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:40 pm

I've seen him at a few games this year. He was a real nice guy.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby SoCal_Pony » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:36 am

PX,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he stole a fellow students checks from a mailbox, went to a grocery store off Lovers Lane that was within walking distance of Moody where he had already completed a distinguished career and ran the risk of being identified, and wrote a hot check. I think he actually endorsed the check by writing his own personal social security number on the back and that is what led to his arrest.

As crazy as this sounds, I think that is what happened. If I'm wrong, please tell me.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Grider » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SoCal_Pony:
<B>PX,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he stole a fellow students checks from a mailbox, went to a grocery store off Lovers Lane that was within walking distance of Moody where he had already completed a distinguished career and ran the risk of being identified, and wrote a hot check. I think he actually endorsed the check by writing his own personal social security number on the back and that is what led to his arrest.

As crazy as this sounds, I think that is what happened. If I'm wrong, please tell me.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's pretty much the story I heard. I think it was actually the old Tom Thumb where the SMU bookstore is now.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Postby PX » Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:38 pm

Yes, thats pretty much the way I remember it. I think it was the Tom Thumb that used to be next to campus, but perhaps it was the one on Lovers thats now Borders books. Either way, that was way it went.
PX
Varsity

Return to Basketball