PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's team beats Rice!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Women's team beats Rice!

Postby PK » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:02 pm

60 to 53!!!!

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 03-12-2003).]
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Women's team beats Rice!

Postby abezontar » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:06 pm

I thought it was 58, 55, but WHO CARES WE WON!!!!!!!!
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Nacho » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:10 pm

Great win! Never in doubt. Both the men and women will play on Friday and Saturday.
Nacho

Postby boulevard bum » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:22 pm

I was hoping the Women would set the tone and they did. I think they've still got a huge hill to climb in Louisiana Tech, but what a great win. It definitely feels magical right now. Let's not jinx ourselves hoping for a couple of conference titles ,but we are definitely a step closer. I think the Women's team is probably the second best in the conference. They've just been destroyed by injuries this year. I can't help but remember that great win in Norman. I'm just ecstatic right now. I hope everyone in here rejoices after every SMU win in any sport the way I do.
boulevard bum
Junior Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:25 pm

Way to go, Lady Mustangs! AWESOME! My 'signature' has even MORE meaning now! (Read what it says below).

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby PK » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:26 pm

The web cast originally showed the final score to be 60 to 53....it now shows the final score to be 58 to 55. It's still a win!!!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Nacho » Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:19 pm

The SMU(7) win over Rice(2) was the biggest upset in WAC history based on seeding. It's going to be a long trip back to Houston for the moist owlettes.
Nacho

Postby PX » Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:52 pm

The Lady Mustangs are the 2nd best team in the WAC. Without the injuries and the mid-season slump this team would have been an NIT lock and real NCAA contender. Its sad how things went, but at least they are finishing strong, and they'll at least have a winning record, and something to build on for next year.
Great game by Kaci Alexander with 14 points and 15 rebounds against a team with an all-WAC center and lots of size and depth in the post. When we lost to Rice in Houston, they crushed us on the boards, so outrebounding them was a real key.

For boulevard bum, I saw the bit about me not being a "real" SMU fan, etc., and all I can is **** You, you little **** *******. I'm not going to run down the list of all the things I've done at this University, I'm tired of saying it and alot of people are probably tired of hearing it. All I'm going to say is that in 20+ years I've seen what most "real" SMU fans are really about, and I'm proud to not be considered one of them. Proud of it.

[This message has been edited by PonyPride (edited 03-12-2003).]
PX
Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:07 pm

Congrats to the ladies for not giving up!! Rhonda has really coached the hell out of these kids.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:51 am

Just wanted to say Congratulations to Both Mustang Basketball Teams!! I dont really follow SMU basketball cause I was born in Kentucky so I watch Kentucky Basketball *No Reason to Ask Why* but this season yall have brought me to liking SMU Basketball!! So Congratulations Again!! AND WIN THE WAC TOURNAMENT!!

------------------
The Red And Blue Is Back! Let the Pony Pride Ride On The Hilltop!
Mustangs35SMU

Return to Basketball