PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tomorrow Against Boise

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tomorrow Against Boise

Postby FloridaMustang » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:18 pm

Boise scares me...I admit it is a favorable matchup, but I think they can beat us on any given night...they did beat us at home (although they were a different team then), and they won an important game against SJSU to close out the season to give them momentum as well. Let's hope everyone shows up to kick some butt (and play some good 3-pt defense) and we'll send those Broncos packing back to Idaho. Bummer I can't watch it on the tube, but I'll be listening and following the webcast...GO MUSTANGS!
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Re: Tomorrow Against Boise

Postby ponyte » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:21 am

SMU beat Boise State later in the season when most of us had little hope of a strong season ending performance. Boise beat us when we were a different team.

We should beat the stuffing out of this team. The long week off prior to LaTech then thoroughly crushing LaTech portends well for the Ponies. We have shown we can sit a while and win or pick it up late in the year to win. This is a SMU different team from the one we saw (and heard in my case) in the beginning of the year.

Have faith and bring on Tulsa!
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Tomorrow Against Boise

Postby Nacho » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:48 am

If SMU continues to play defense the way they have over the last several games then we have an excellent chance to win this game. I have to admit that this game scares me. Losing the first game is a monkey we have to get off our backs.

BTW wonderful article by Alonzo in the DMN today about Q. I never truly appreciated him. No matter what happens in the tournament he will go down as one of our best.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball